Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Great idea but the price...YIKES! That is a lot of money. However, my furbabies are priceless so once the technology is more refined, it may be worth it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Very interesting. Now if that could be embedded as the microchip, I'd be in for that. Wow, the things they can do now are amazing.
They do have the GPS Microchip out already but its implanted in collars and the thing is with these is that they can easily be taken off of the dogs so useless/waste of money! From what I hear they are trying to come up with a GPS Microchip in the future to implant under the skin and when it is perfected I will be in line to get each of my girls one :) And my parrots!

·
Registered
270 Posts
They do have the GPS Microchip out already but its implanted in collars and the thing is with these is that they can easily be taken off of the dogs so useless/waste of money! From what I hear they are trying to come up with a GPS Microchip in the future to implant under the skin and when it is perfected I will be in line to get each of my girls one :) And my parrots!
i would definatly pay to have this done if it was microchipped in the body and also think it would be a good idea for children too until a certain age, they would be safer from paedophiles and baby snatchers and you could always catch them out on lies where they say they are lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kioana..think the initial cost is 250 and they're still working on the monthly fee--could be as low as $4.99. Understand your point though...as to microchipping under the skin, I'm not for that, seeing they still have problems with the body rejecting and/or causing cancer at the site of injection.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Microchips have not been proven as of yet to cause cancer. If it was proven they would have been taken off the market. It is a theory and rummors circulating the internet about chips causing cancer.

We do chips everyday at work and had no ill effects as of yet but I will let you know if we do :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts