Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to be here. After much lurking I decided to join the board. I have to say that I have seen some of the most beautiful chi's on this board. I am not owned by a chi but by a chihuahua/terrier mix named Nino. I love this dog more then I thought was possible to love any dog. He is my little man and brings me much joy. I am considering adding a purebred chihuahua to my family so he can have a companion and I can have another little lovebug to spoil. :wink: Here are a few pics of my Nino as a pup, and one as an adult.

Kim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the warm welcome and the compliments on my Nino. He is a sweetheart. He has lots of personality and can sometimes be a clown. It was sooo hard to train him when he was younger because I would be trying to teach him something, or correct wrong behaviour and he would start dancing all around acting foolish. I never managed to stay stern with him because no matter what mischief he had gotten into he would clown his way out of it and I would always end up laughing instead of scolding him.

Sandra, Nino is all mutt. His father was a purebred chihuahua and his mom a silky terrier/pomeranian mix. Nino was the result of an unplanned pregnancy. His mom got out one night and found her way next door to the neighbors chihuahua.

Auggies Mom, watching him grow and waiting to see how he was going to change was a lot of fun. He started out very chi looking and now I find he is more on the terrier side. As a puppy he had a darker coat, and the black muzzle. It all grew out. Now he has blond hair on his head and the rest of him is a brown color with blondish ticking/highlights mixed in. The ends of his beard are black. He is unusual to say the least, but he is ever so handsome in my eyes. :wink: His coat is thicker than it looks in the pics. It is long, straight and coarse. All except for the hair on his head which is silky soft.

Kim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts