Chihuahua People Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
KB mamma said:
Ozzy&Lily'sMom said:
we did it valentines day last and we did have a few teething problems - maybe we will try it again xmas time for the dogs this time I will speak with the other mods :wave:
and we did secret Santa and had problems :?
What kind of problems?
Well, they had to try and figure out who lives where, try to help on the postage and stuff. And then some people that signed up never either sent the gifts or the gifts got 'lost in the mail'. Also since it was Christmas time I think alot of them were late. I think that is the problems she was referring too.

But I love the idea of a chihuahua day, where our chi's get gifts. It's a great idea. For Christmas we had a spending limit, $10, so everyone's gifts would be even.

It's a good point that not everyone celebrates the holidays, so a neutral time would be great. :wink:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I loved the idea and did it at Valentines day.My secret valentine sent me a beautiful gift and I enjoyed shopping for the person I was given.But I know some people got mad because their secret person didnt send them anything.oh yes, and do think about postage....sending anything to or from China is pretty expensive! :D

I would be happy to join in with this project when you decide whats happening... :wave:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
sounds like a good idea... i think it would work out alright.. i would have to decide later if i could participate.. depends on if i have money.. (i'm 13)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well I did the Valentine's one and the one I sent really did get lost in the mail, had to resend one and did it UPS to make sure it got there and since it was going to a residence that cost nearly as much as the present. Not that I minded except I'm sure half the people that knew are convinced I never sent the first one. Luckily the stuff I chose was just candles and wind chimes and doggy treats so it was all easily replaceable.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
i'll try to make it so that you get someone that isn't over in a different country....... it might take time but i think it could be done...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I think anytime you try to do something with a large group of people, you are always going to have problems of some sort. You just try to work it out as best you can and hope for the best.

I do agree there should be some sort of minimum and maximum limits so as to be fair to all. Plus, we have a lot of young members on here who might like to participate but don't have a lot of money to spend.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts