Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people hope everyone is just fine!! Anyways I just joined today, and I am so excited to have found this site! Anyways My name is Matt, I live in Cali, Beverly hills area, and my Chi is now 14months. Junior is the best thing that has happened to me in my whole 21 years. I hope to get to know all of you and see you some time. While I am at it, I need advise on nutering my boy. As I mentioned he is now 14months and the Vet said to nuder him, but I don't know if he said that to make $$ or what. :?: For the people who have got there chis nudered can you please educate me? Maybe give me some Pros and Cons? Thanks ya'll.

~Matt~ :wave: [/i][/u]

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
hi matt

welcome to the site Im clare and i have 2 chis ozzy and lily who are both 1 year old - I had ozzy and lily both neutered.

I had ozzy neutered at 6 months this was mainly because it obviously stops any chances of testicular cancer as they get older and if you are not planning on using your dog for stud it stops him been sexually aggressive towards other dogs and also stops him fighting with other intact males.

also it stops marking - I had my dog neutered at 6 months and he had never hiked his leg so now he never does that.

it also calms them down and makes them more loving i think

anyway let us know what you decide and i cant wait to see pics of junior :wave:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Hi and welcome! Ozzymom summed it up great! I had Zeus neutered at 6 months. He's now 1 and doesn't have any aggression nor does he mark. He still squats to go potty.. :)

Chi's are great. This site is an abundance of knowledge fully of really nice people. Hope to get to know you and your Chi better. I can't wait to see pics. :)

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
:wave: hi and welcome to the forum :wave: Matt I cant wait to see some pics of Junior :D

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave:

I'm glad you asked that question. I have a boy that is a couple of days shy of 5 months. He has been hiking his leg for at least a month. :shock: I guess he will continue to do that even after he has been nuetered? Oh well he's so sweet, it doesn't really matter. :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forums. As stated before it solves a lot of problems once you fix any dog, if you don't plan to breed then for his health sake go for it.
Can't wait to see pics of the little guy.

MD

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave: Just like everyone else said, there are many benefits in neutering your dog. I had Mr. Peepers neutered at 7 months and he never hiked his leg before and not after. I just got my other boy Bruiser (I may be renaming him to Buster) a week ago and he is already 7 months and not yet neutered. I will be getting him neutered as well.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hi Matt,
That's my little boys name :D . I have a male chi. He just turned 5 mths and I will be getting him nuetered soon. I think there is nothing but pros to having them nuetered. Unless you are planning to breed him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts