Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: :lol: Hey Yall!! :lol: :lol: Ive just signed up for here and i love it already! Im besotted by chihuahuas and think they r one of gods best creation! lol Well,im 14 years old,very mature,i got dark hair and green eyes.....Im very girlie and my role model is paris hilton!! Ive always been a dog lover but recently ive gone crazy on chi's! They r so adorable dontcha agree? :p Im actually in the process of getting a chihuahua at the minute,im taking my time so i can pick the perfect one for me! I have everything planned out too,im gonna train it up and maybe enter it into mini dog shows around my area and ive already got its name.....Princess!! Im going to buy her little jackets for the cold weather and make sure she is completely ***** and span everytime she is in sight! My dog will be a star! Anyway thanks for listenin to me babbling on hehe Lv Yall! x

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I hope you will take the time to read the forum front and back so you can take proper care of the dog besides making it look super good for its adoring public.....pets are lifetime commitment :D

WELCOME :wave:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome MeMe :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you've got a lot to read up about Chihuahua's before you get in the process of buying one.

But you're definitely in the right place to learn. So please feel free to ask us any questions you have before you buy one, they're living animals not a fashion accessory.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you've got a lot to read up about Chihuahua's before you get in the process of buying one.

But you're definitely in the right place to learn. So please feel free to ask us any questions you have before you buy one, they're living animals not a fashion accessory.

Couldnt have said it better myself :D welcome :wave:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Nona said:

Ditto! :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Nona said:

ditto again :roll:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
no offense to all of you.. but lay off her a little.. i am 13 and i know exactly how she feels, people think just because we are teenagers we don't love animals for what they are and use them as fashion accessories or just because they are the latest thing, and it is offensive and very annoying i love animals. and my pets and would never "use" them. I don't know about her but that is how it is with me, i don't know if the only reason she wants one is because paris has one, but even if she does i think we should make her feel welcome, and help her to understand the breed to see if its right for her, not roll our eyes and say oh no not another teenager, maybe once she learns about the breed she will realize what it is other then the latest thing in hollywood, sorry if i offended anyone, i just got a little steamed at the fact u all just rolled your eyes. I don't know if you meant it to come off that way, but it did to me.

Welcome Meme.. this place is great,, you will learn a lot about chi's and who knows maybe you'll realize it's a good breed for you. They take a bit of extra care though...

~!*Roie*!~

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Roie said:
i just got a little steamed at the fact u all just rolled your eyes.
~!*Roie*!~
I did NOT roll my eyes so we ALL did not ok.........in fact a few people did not

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave: Now let me say I just read your other thread in Chihuahua Questions. You said:

"Urmmm ive suddenyl developed this huge love for chihuahuas and im in the process of choosing one to buy"

And then you said here that your role model is Paris Hilton. I am just a bit concerned as to why you are getting a chihuahua? They really are great companions but are LIFETIME companions. These little guys live a long time usually around 15 years, meaning you will have this chihuahua until you are 30 years old. Paris Hilton and her chi's will be long out of the headlines by then and it is important that you are wanting a chihuahua because you want one and not because they are popular right now. :)

They need lots of attention so you need to think about who will be taking care of him/her when you are in school. Who will be taking it potty, feeding it, waking up in the middle of the night with it, taking it for walks, paying for vet visits, taking care of it while you are out with friends. It's ALOT more than just dress up.

It's just that they are HUGE responsibilities.

I would say that if this is what you think you really want then to wait longer to give yourself a while to think about it. Give yourself a few months to let the idea really sink in. There are a few members here that had to wait to get their chi's. Some have still wanted them, while some have had a change of heart. Who knows you might change your mind. :wave:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Kari said:
Hello and welcome! :wave: Now let me say I just read your other thread in Chihuahua Questions. You said:

"Urmmm ive suddenyl developed this huge love for chihuahuas and im in the process of choosing one to buy"

And then you said here that your role model is Paris Hilton. I am just a bit concerned as to why you are getting a chihuahua? They really are great companions but are LIFETIME companions. These little guys live a long time usually around 15 years, meaning you will have this chihuahua until you are 30 years old. Paris Hilton and her chi's will be long out of the headlines by then and it is important that you are wanting a chihuahua because you want one and not because they are popular right now. :)

They need lots of attention so you need to think about who will be taking care of him/her when you are in school. Who will be taking it potty, feeding it, waking up in the middle of the night with it, taking it for walks, paying for vet visits, taking care of it while you are out with friends. It's ALOT more than just dress up.

It's just that they are HUGE responsibilities.

I would say that if this is what you think you really want then to wait longer to give yourself a while to think about it. Give yourself a few months to let the idea really sink in. There are a few members here that had to wait to get their chi's. Some have still wanted them, while some have had a change of heart. Who knows you might change your mind. :wave:

dittos Kari!! good advice!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I did NOT roll my eyes so we ALL did not ok.........in fact a few people did not- kbmama

sorry.. not all of you did but some of you.,..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
:roll: sorry guys.. just got upset i guess i missunderstood what you guys were saying... SORRY!!! :cry: i feel bad now.. sorry to all you guys, i was in a mood yesterday :shock:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hey Roie! Don't worry about it, we all get days like that!
I don't want you to think everyone was just picking on Meme, which is not the case. It's important that we all give each other advice though :)

Meme, if you want, I am finished with the Chihuahua Handbook now and I was looking to put it on Ebay. It's very informative and I would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting to know more about the breed (if you can't always get on here :wink: )

PM me if you'd like it for yourself, I will give you it for a lot less than I got it of course. It's in great condition. It'll give you a really good start on learning up about Chi's.

:wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Roie said:
:roll: sorry guys.. just got upset i guess i missunderstood what you guys were saying... SORRY!!! :cry: i feel bad now.. sorry to all you guys, i was in a mood yesterday :shock:
Dont worry about it sweetie were all entitled to off days you know :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts