Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gah, this whole long coat business is nonsense. He's over 7 months old now and the only thing getting furrier is his tail! There are quite a few truly gorgeous, lush long coats in his immediate pedigree, whyyyyy is it taking so long? *taps food impatiently*.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Aww! His coat will get there. Maxx's coat didn't fully come in until age 2.
I think Bryco looks great! ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its killing me LOL. He is on two "supplements" (both all natural though, so who knows how "effective" they are, and honestly its not helping! His tail is growing and the tuft on his back and NOTHING ELSE! AHHHHHH!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I know the exact reason its not coming in - Because you want it to! :p Im dying to see Maisies full coat, but its refusing to hurry up!

Im sure it wont be too long :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean, his dad and his grand-dad had literally the fullest coats I've ever seen on chis without them being "pom-like". This is RIDICULOUS how long its taking! Every single chi for 2 generations is a LC and a LUSH LC. ONLY ONE GREAT GREAT grandparent was a SC. I swear...he better get fur soon hahaha.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Kristi post pics of his sire and grand sire

What about his pants?? They grow in quite early, daisy has a sc mum and obv doo has a fab coat for her age anyway at 7 months her pants were full I know she's prob and exception all I'm waiting for now is the ruff on her neck to fill out and her body hair to get longer as she shed it all in the summer!!

Brycos coat will come in it looks quite thick in photos some just take longer!! I would say if they have a really sparse close coat towards the age of 1 the coat won't be good but brycos is coming in fast!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Perry coat looked the same at 7 months but it had grown in full by 10 months, he did look a bit out of place in a puppy class :( just wait until next summer when he decides to drop it all :( perry looks like a bitch atm its driving me crazy!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
It took Sully now 12 1/2 years old exactly three years for her coat to come in just as her breeder told me.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
He's just liking to torture his mummy! ;) I bet he'll be one to have his coat come out of nowhere. Just hope it's soon for you!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here are pictures of his sire:

and the 2 grand-sires...

I need a better pic of this one...he is only a 7 mo puppy here. This is Oakley's sire haha.

His mum post coat-blow from the puppies...

Great grand-sire (I just love this dog, and his is a bitty little thing, my friend owns him now).

Great grand-sire, also finished as a puppy...his coat is so fluffers now he almost looks pom.

The rest are at work...but yeah. I'm impatient. *taps foot*. It's not any longer today than it was yesterday...boooO!

LOL altho where he got his coloring from is pretty clear!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
You have nothing to worry about he's obv nit a throw back

Mum has a vvv full coat for a bitch who has just given birth lotus mum was practically bald!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know how you feel!!! Prada is 10 months, and has looked the same now since about 7 months. Her dad was extremely thick and fluffy, and mom was far from having a flat coat herself. She has pants, but very little fluff on her front legs. Her coat is thick, but not very long or fluffy.

I just want to fast forward another year and see how she matures!!
Maybe they are trying to teach us that patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait! *crosses fingers*

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zBahhh I tell you this waiting bit is BS. Its killing me. He still looks like such a baby whereas Trig who is only 1 month older and SC looks full on adult. Argh!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww he is gorgeous!
Dont be in too much of a hurry for him to get older.
Enjoy the puppy stage some more.
His coat will be full and beautiful in no time am sure.
They grow up so fast! Too fast! lol

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It's like watching a pot and waiting for it to boil and you know the saying goes "A watched pot never boils!" and boy does that seem true! LOL, So Bryco is just doing the same thing. "Mom stop watching it or it will never grow!" I am sure he will be a fluffy puff ball before you know it - of course if you just can't wait you can always ship over to me - I'll take him in a heartbeat! :D

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Ha Ha, I know I wanted Sebastian to get a full hair coat quickly as well, it seemed like it took forever, then it was georgous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts