Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my 3 month old chi! He is so playful and adorable and that is me his mom! He is something else I love him. O his name is dart and is a toy chihuahua. And my name is Maranda. Hope u guys love him.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
he is gorgeous :) love the little white strip on his face
do have to mention though he is a chihuahua :) , no such thing as a toy chihuahua , well there is lol but not alive just stuffed ;) (hope i worded that right haha)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A toy is..

Well a toy chihuahua is almost like a mini but smaller. And there is actually such thing as a toy u can look it up plus I have papers and he is. He is almost full grown and weighs 1pound 11 ounces. He will not get bigger than 3 pounds. He is best puppy I have had. Hope u guy enjoy our pics. ;) and thank u for comments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Better?

Sorry bout pics being to big it's just I'm doing this all from and iPhone so I'm not sure how to resize them so I just used a diff phone to do it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Very cute pics! He is adorable! I do have to agree with Bella (Sugarbaby) there is no real "toy" Chihuahua. He's tiny and cute but he's only 3 months, he has up to ayear to still grow. My Kizzie was just about his size at his age and she is full grown now at 7lbs. Not saying he'll be 7lbs or anything he could def still be smaller! My girls are also black, I love black Chis he is SO SO cute! I love his lil marking too! Great pics!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Hehe this is going to come as a shock but ALL chihuahuas are "Toy Chihuahuas". They are a toy breed, and therefore are "toy chihuahuas". Just like you could say a hound doxie. Is it necessary to say it that way? Nah but lots of people do, and its actually an OK way to refer to them :) My 10 lb chihuahua Laurel is a "toy chihuahua" just as much as my 3.5 lb chihuahua is a toy chihuahua. Just like there are toy poodles,...no one questions that because its what differentiates them from the non-sporting group poodles (at least thats the group i think they are in...haha...).

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Hehe this is going to come as a shock but ALL chihuahuas are "Toy Chihuahuas". They are a toy breed, and therefore are "toy chihuahuas". Just like you could say a hound doxie. Is it necessary to say it that way? Nah but lots of people do, and its actually an OK way to refer to them :) My 10 lb chihuahua Laurel is a "toy chihuahua" just as much as my 3.5 lb chihuahua is a toy chihuahua. Just like there are toy poodles,...no one questions that because its what differentiates them from the non-sporting group poodles (at least thats the group i think they are in...haha...).
LOL I guess that is true. I think when I hear "Toy" for Chihuahuas the first thing I think of is Teacup and all these other terms that certian breeders try to glam up so they can get more money off a puppy .... When I searched for Shayley I saw Chis listed as teacups and just Chis and I thought they looked so much alike yet one was 4,000 and the other 250 lol I was always turned off by that word!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright

Well I guess I get it now. The breeder told us he way a toy so I suppose that is what he meant by toy is just chihuahua but rather small. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Well I guess I get it now. The breeder told us he way a toy so I suppose that is what he meant by toy is just chihuahua but rather small. Thanks guys.
Toy is just a breed category all chihuahua's are in the toy breed category even if they are bigger , just like we have terriers , gundogs , hounds and working breeds category's :) .

your boy reminds me a lot of keona in the face when she was growing up :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Toy , mini and standard poodle are all in the non sporting group im pretty sure :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
He's adorable. I love his little sweater and I love the sleeping pic, so cute. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Very adorable. Some breeders use terms like Toy, Teacup, Micro Mini etc to try to sell their chi's for more money. Chihuahuas by breed standard are supposed to be 3-6# full grown. I have a friend who has a 12# "teacup" chihuahua according to the breeder lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright ;)

Thank u guys yup get the point yea it's dumb for breeders to do that but by thAt i imagine he meant smaller than normal.. And My fiancé didn't pay a lot of money for him but if We knew him b4 We bought him and he was alot more He still would have gotten him. Dart is my boy and it matters nothing to me what size he is. We didn't buy him thinking it was a toy I
actually wanted an orpie or however u spell that but when I saw dart I fell in love instantly and had to
have him he was suppose to be a suprise from my fiancé he knows me to well. ;)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Toy , mini and standard poodle are all in the non sporting group im pretty sure :)
Actually, I think the miniature and standard poodles are in the non-sporting group, but the toy poodle shows in the toy group.

I'm not sure which group the miniature dachshunds show in, though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts