Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am picking my chi up in 5 days. I just wanted some advice as to the toys and chews for him. He is 6 months and although i have done research into breed and temperament there isnt much info available for what i need. Any general advice would be great!

xxx

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Hi & Welcome :)

Small toys, safe chews like nylabones and bully sticks are good, and a warm quiet place for him/her to sleep are all key. Stick with stainless steel or ceramic water bowls, plastic can cause issues, and cause their nose pigment to lighten too. If it is cold where you live you may want to get a small sweater for your pup too. The chihuahua is so small it can sometimes have a hard time regulating its own body heat. Also if it is a pup you are getting get some Nutrical from your local Petco in the event your pup has a sugar drop (hypoglycemia).

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
welcome to the forum...

Chico adores balls, he loves to play Fetch.... he also likes toys bigger than him such as his Teddy bear.... he likes small toys also, like his beaver and hoggie(hedgehog)

his favorite Chewys are Bully sticks( google Best Bully Sticks)

can't wait to see pics of your little one when he arrives

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome along :)

My Chi isn't 6 months yet so I am not best experienced to answer this, but I would suggest getting some good chewy nylabones and/or kong toys.

Mine loves anything he can chomp on at will :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Firge has about ten toys and she has something to chew on all the time if she wants it. She has to play with all ten before going to bed. She has a favorite which is a bunny about twice her size. She has to have that bunny first and she plays with it a lot more than any of the others. They are like stuffed animals for dogs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lillys favorite is a squeaky mouse that was meant to be a cat toy, it came with one of the cat tunnels but she pulled it off and it has been her best friend ever since, if she is on my shoulder where she likes to sit the mouse will be on my lap where she can see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Forgot to say, she also loves bully sticks or pizzle sticks as they are called over here, they keep her happily occupied for hours on end and when she has finally discarded them my yorkies will have a go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard good reviews about Kong toys. I have only had my pup for 3 weeks and nothing in sacred in my home anymore. She chews everything from socks to kindling. I want to get a Kong toy soon. I hear if you put peanut butter in them it keeps them entertained for hours. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys and girls. I am new too this and am a huge fan of chihuahuas. I currently have two, one is my wifes (Sandy) and the other is mine (chipper), and im a not sure what i would do without them. We bought them together about 2 months ago and have been trying to get as much info on them as possible. I have found Chihuahuas Now to be informative but i was wondering if you could direct me to some in your site or another site thanksChihuahuas Now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts