Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, just joined about 5 minutes ago....... thought i'd introduce myself......

my name is mandy, i work in an animal hospital. the household currently has 5 dogs (shih tzu lhapsp ahpso mixes all related) and i have a chi puppy on the way...... she's long haired bronze, black and white, 8 weeks old and weighs about 1 pound. no name yet but i'm having a contest at work and the names are rolling in..... i do have a possible winner though but to be fair i will wait until the contest ends next weekend to pick. i'll try to get her picture up... not sure how to do it though.........

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

Your little Chi is so cute! :p I'm sure it is hard waiting for the time you get to have her with you. Sounds like you have a full house. What do you do at the animal hospital where you work?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, i do a little of everything at the animal hospital. my badge says i'm a kennel technician which includes taking the boarders out, feeding them, giving meds when needed, cleaning cages, nail trims, baths, playing with them when i don't feel like cleaning :) and there are times when i have to help the doctors out so i become vet tech, and with my dog's i give them their vaccinations and when i had my tasha bird (my german short hair pointer) i gave her subcue fluids when she was dehydrated. i also do ear cleaning and i've pulled blood a few times (but am not trained for that so i act like i never did it before, not my favorite thing to do!)

thanks everyone for such a great welcome :) i'm glad i found this place.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Wow! You wear a lot of different hats at work. It sounds like you have a very interesting job, and it must be a lot of fun to work all day with furbabies! :)

It's great to have people with your experience join us here at the Chi Forum!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts