Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Hayley and this is my beautiful little chocolate chihuahua called Churro. She is the first Chihuahua I've had so everything is new to me 馃槉

Registered
Congratulations! She is just beautiful.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations! She is just beautiful.
Oh thank you! She really is a cutie, everyone comments on her when we're out for a walk 馃榿 she's nearly 6 months old now and she only weighs 1.5kg (just over 3lb) so she hasn't got much growing left to do I'm guessing? Her mom and dad looked quite big and heavy when I saw them at the breeders so I'm worried as to why she's so small 馃槙

Registered
It has been my experience, while most chis reach their body length and height around 8 months, they will generally "thicken- up" (gain some weight) for a while longer. Whether she ends up 4 pounds or 7 pounds, she is one beautiful girl.. We have had chis since 1991 (29 years) and our smallest was 3 pounds grown, and our largest was 9 pounds grown. The average was 6 to 7 pounds.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It has been my experience, while most chis reach their body length and height around 8 months, they will generally "thicken- up" (gain some weight) for a while longer. Whether she ends up 4 pounds or 7 pounds, she is one beautiful girl.. We have had chis since 1991 (29 years) and our smallest was 3 pounds grown, and our largest was 9 pounds grown. The average was 6 to 7 pounds.
Thank you so much for the reply. Yeah I thought she might thicken up a bit up until the age of 1 I assume. The weight and size difference seems so big for chis because they're so small in general haha either way, they're all beautiful no matter their size!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
She is so beautiful! Love the name!
Thank you 鈽 :giggle: I couldn't think of anything else so went with Churro, people look at me funny though when I say her name so I have to explain, "you know, like the donut..."

Cuddles is also a nice name!

Registered
That is just too cute ,
my chihuahuas are all pretty big ,i think my first girl was 1.4kg at 4 months ,now about 3.5 kg so
it must be like having a sweet wee puppy and so good that she enjoys walking ,love the name too very original

1 - 10 of 10 Posts