Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is a chi board but you guys seem really nice and sweet!!!

you see my dad has had prostate cancer in the past and he was on remision and now its back the doctors dont think its treatable!!! :sad1: :( i dont know what to do...i try to be strong for him and my family but i dont think i have the strenghth left! i'm sorry if i'm being a burden to anyone! i just need help and i feel comfortable here!

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
oh sweetie im so sorry....i lost my godbrother to cancer so i can understand how you feel. im here if you need to talk ((hugs))

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
My mum died of bone cancer 6 years ago so i know how you feel, try and be strong....it does affect different people different ways, i hope you will be okay!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about that. :(

I am a cancer survivor, I know the toll it takes on families. :(

Did the doctors say that it's definitely not treatable? Treatments have advanced dramatically, they can do alot nowadays.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Prostate cancer is most certainly treatable. Is he newly diagnosed? My husband was diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer last year and is doing just fine now. Prostate cancer is a VERY VERY slow growing cancer.

After much research we opted for him to go to http://www.rcog.com/

What treatment did he have the first time around?

·
Registered
563 Posts
aww hun :( i really hope its as easy as 'blue velvet elvis' says....
thats such a tough situation.....try and stay strong sweetie!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx everyone! *huggles* i'm just so sad right now and i needed to vent! i'm trying to stay strong! he's gonna hear about the final results sunday! the doctor said they dont know if they can get rid of it right now! :( i sooo hope they treat it! i can't think of losing my dad!:(

*Blue Velevet Elvis* he's had it 5 other times! he had operations for the other treatments!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'm so sorry for you. I'd be devastated if a member of my family had that. My thoughts are with you....hope it all comes out okay!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I'm so sorry. :( :( I hope it turns out that he can be treated. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. **HUGS**

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
*hugs* I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
I hope everything turns out okay.
My best friend's dad had prostate cancer last year but he's okay now.
My dad passed away last year, so if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
HUGS!!!

it sounds liek hes a fighter, and hes beat this once! im sure hes strong enough (emotionally) to keep fighting this thing! and if anyone can beat it, those are the ones, those whove beat it once know they can kick this things arse so long as they stay true to themselves!
KEEP FIGHTING and be there for him, he needs your strength. *hopes for his health, and yours* stress is a killer, please hold onto the good things for him.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My mom had cancer, and what I remember most about it all was trying to a) be really informed (google everything--knowledge is power) and upbeat...and b) just remember, miracles happen every single day! The doctors at MD Anderson told my mom that they often sent people home with "no hope", only to have them go into complete remission!

Where there is life, there is hope!

I hate cancer so much, it's a scourge on society. You are not alone, come here to talk to people, and be cheery and positive around your dad!

We'll be praying!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts