Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hi to everyone on here. I am currently looking for a longhaird chi (hopefully in Scotland).

Im not sure whether to get a bitch or not. What's everyone's opinion on this? Boy or Girl?

:D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Hi and welcome! :wave: From what I've read in this forum, it's fairly difficult to find chi puppies in the UK, so maybe you should just say you'll take whichever comes along first. I'm partial to females but I have had the sweetest male dogs in the world too.

Anyway, good luck in your search and I know you'll end up with just the right chi. :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello & welcome :wave: Good luck on your search I think it is mostly personal preference. I have a male and am madly in love with him :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
well i was always for the boys :wink: but now i have a girl too ......and i can't choose .....i love them both to death and they are both tooooo sweet :wink:

welcome BTW :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your welcomes!!

I have had a couple of breeders in Scotland contact me already. So fingers crossed. I'm getting all excited now!!

Will hopefully be asking for a few tips soon

:lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right, now I am panicking!

I have just been offered a pup and am panicking that I wont be able to handle the responsibility etc. Please reassure me that I'll be fine, after all I am a responsible adult and shouldn't be panicking :shock:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Getting a new puppy is very exciting!!! Good luck with the new pup! I'm sure you'll be in love as soon as you see it. I read lots of books to help me get started, I've heard Chihuahuas for Dummies is a good one, I picked up a couple other chi books at the pet store, and a book on obedience training and that helped me feel much more confident as a chi mom. :D
BTW- Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
welcome!! :wave:

wanna know a secret: i panicked right before my daughter was born and i panicked right before i went to pick my chi up! i was 23 when i had my daughter and i was 27 when i went to get chiwi. i think it's normal ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am finally getting my Chi. Really starting to panic now!! I am going to see him on Monday, and hopefully get him home in about 4 weeks time.

8)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome! :wave: It's normal to panic...just read as much about chi's as you can...there are many books or sources online, such as this site which I've found the most helpful info on :) I have a long haired chi too, Snuffy. She just turned 3 months old today...I already love her to pieces :angel1:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts