Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm Michele, and I'm the mom to four very special little ones. My husband and I have three Chihuahuas and one Yorkie. Our oldest is Peanut (but we call her Ronald for short...I still can't figure out where that name came from, but it just came out one day...and stuck) -- she is 9 years old. Next is our Yorkie, October and she is 7. Then is CoCoa, our dark brown Chi who is 5 -- and last but not least is Graycie, she is 3.

We only recently adopted October and Graycie a little over a year ago from a shelter. Both are doing exceptionally well since we've adopted them, and we are so blessed to have them.

We adopted Peanut when she was only 2 years old and she has been a joy ever since -- she was my first baby. We adopted CoCoa when she was 2 years old also, and she was our second addition.

So now we are a happy family of 6! Including myself and my husband of course.

Peanut was only recently diagnosed with heart disease, and it has been very difficult to come to terms with this illness. Its often what takes over my thoughts throughout the day, but I try hard to take each day as it comes. But, she is on medication, visits the vet regularly, and we keep a close eye on her everyday. She is still active, loving and rotten to the core. And I wouldn't have it any other way. She is truly my little angel, and I love her more than anything. It sadens me beyond understsanding to know that we may lose her in the future and that notion doesn't even seem real, so I am cherishing every single day, and trusting the Lord to take care of her. I try hard not to think about negative things, but its hard.

I hope to meet new people here that also love their animals. I just thought it would be nice to get to know new folks who share the same love for their little ones as well as to receive some support with my Peanut. She is such a little blessing.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to get to know you through the forum!

Michele

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome Michele from another Michele,my last chi had heart murmur and he lived to the right old age of 17,yes he was on medication for years and did well,he wasn't put to sleep because of the heart M,it was old age etc so i hope your little chi will live a long life as well

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about Peanut's heart disease. As hard as it is not to worry, try to relish every minute with her & give her the best life you can. I know that there are many chis on this forum that have heart problems as well. They can live a full, happy life on medicine, so try not to stress, as your chis can pick that up.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and your fur family. We, too, had a little one with a heart murmur and he did well on meds for years. Blessings to you guys, and looking forward to seeing pics of the furbabies. Deb

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, Can't wait to see photos of all your fur babies.....Kuddos to you for getting the pups from the shelter.......

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! :)

I commend you on rescuing your babies :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry to hear that your little Peanut has a heart problem. It sounds like you are taking great care of her, though. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of all of your little fur balls!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Michele from another Michele,my last chi had heart murmur and he lived to the right old age of 17,yes he was on medication for years and did well,he wasn't put to sleep because of the heart M,it was old age etc so i hope your little chi will live a long life as well
Hi Michele! And we spell our name the same too! Thank you for saying hello, and for the encouragement! I love to hear stories of Chihuahuas who have lived long happy lives. It really helps a lot, and we are praying that we can say that same thing about our Peanut.

Again, thank you so much for your kind words!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome! Sorry to hear about Peanut's heart disease. As hard as it is not to worry, try to relish every minute with her & give her the best life you can. I know that there are many chis on this forum that have heart problems as well. They can live a full, happy life on medicine, so try not to stress, as your chis can pick that up.
Thank you so much for your response! I have always loved spending time with her, but even more so now. I cherish each day that we have with her. I can sense that when I am upset, she gets very nervous, so I have to try not to let my worry affect her.

Thank you for your encouragement, it helps so much!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello and welcome to you and your fur family. We, too, had a little one with a heart murmur and he did well on meds for years. Blessings to you guys, and looking forward to seeing pics of the furbabies. Deb
Hi Deb! I keep hearing many stories of little ones doing well on medication and lots of love, so I pray for the best everyday. Thank you so much for your post! It will be nice to get to know everyone on the forum! I am looking forward to getting some spare time so I can post pictures of our furry family. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry to hear that your little Peanut has a heart problem. It sounds like you are taking great care of her, though. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of all of your little fur balls!
Thank you so much! I am looking forward to taking some time soon to upload some pictures of all of our little ones. Thank you for saying hello!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello and Welcome, Can't wait to see photos of all your fur babies.....Kuddos to you for getting the pups from the shelter.......
Thank you for saying hello and for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to visiting the forum often and getting to know you all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi and welcome to the board! :)

I commend you on rescuing your babies :)
Thank you for the nice welcome! And thank you for your kind words. It is such a blessing to be able to care for our girls, things just wouldn't be the same without each of them. Thanks again for saying hello!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome!!

Welcome to CP Michele, Peanut/Ronald, October, CoCoa, and Graycie :D

Sorry to hear about Peanut's heart disease but stay positive!! You are doing the best you can for her and you have given her a wonderful life :) You will meet other chi owner's who have chi's with heart problem's and im sure they will help you with question's, med advice, etc :)

Good on you for rescuing all your lil fur babies!!!!! :D :D :D Can't wait to see pic's of them all :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts