Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I a new member and also a new chihuahua parent, decided to join after snooping around and finding so much info for my Boston health and happiness.

Looking forward to gaining more insight on the world of chihuahua's

Niik&Boston

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe I didn't introuduce the little man properly, anyways I have an 11month old LC who charms everyone he meets (including those that say they don't like "rats") I'll try and get more pictures up, I think he's camera shy, that or he just likes to play chasie at the wrong times.

Niik&Boston

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yay - another Aussie! Someone to comiserate with on the lack off Chihuahua sized clothes available and the fact that decent dog food is ridiculously expensive here!

What state are you in? I'm from Melbourne.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D I know, Im from Queensland so we can only dress him in the cooling months, but have been making little jumpers for him since he's still too little for "chihuahua" sized clothes. Food is expensive, one good thing is he doesn't eat like a horse. May I ask what brand food you find the best? I'm trying to find some grain free etc dry food for him since he's always been itching and its getting worse with this heat.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The best food I could find at an affordable price and readily available is Canidae grain free for all life stages (ALS). You can get it from independant pet stores. I've heard you can get Innova from pet's paradise which is also supposed to be a good food. I wanted to feed ZiwiPeak but there are only a couple of stockists in Australia with irregular supply due to quarintine issues and it's $115 for 2kg's! I have 2 Chis (granted they don't eat much) so that would only last me a month. I'm about to start them on raw thanks to all of the excellent info and advice on this forum so that will be much cheaper, just a bit of work once every few weeks with a calculator, some scales and a whole lot of freezer bags.

Even in summer it can be cold on morning walks in Melbourne, my little man complains so it would be nice to have more clothing options available. He's only 4 1/2 months so I also struggle to find anything that fits him, he's getting by with one shirt at the moment as it's just for walks on cooler days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, that is expensive. I never thought about going raw, that would be a lot cheaper and Im sure Boston would like it more. I'll have to go searching for the steps on getting to that stage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well my chi's clothes I picked up from the chickenfeed for $3.99 each. They have however learned to help each other take them off. Grrrrr.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's funny .. But I make sure they are not unattended otherwise I'm sure their 'wardrobe' would be non existent lol naughty boys!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts