Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there! i am new to your site, my names chantelle, im 20. i have a 5 year old pure bread long hair chihuahua, her names Ruby, she is tan and black. i adopted her about 9 months ago, she didnt have the best up bringing, not the worst either just lacked a bit of love (which i have certainly made up for) she slept outside ;( wasn't fed the right diet (consisted of a lot of human food), never had her teeth nails or ears done. (ears were full of black and due claw curled back around and into her feet, i fixed asap) and wasn't vaccinated or chipped. im her 3rd owner,.. and her last!! couldn't bare to lose her, cant understand how they could've given her away, i never could. shes spoiled rotten now with treats and top dog food, hair cuts and nail cuts and clean teeth, flea treated, shes vaccinated, registered and micro chipped, sleeps with me, goes to the beach (she had never been before, she was scared at first but now its all she wants to do). she had never seen other dogs or cats but she certainly has now and is starting to get along very well with other animals, including my cat at home, took a few months but there warming to each other. another few months and theyll be best friends. shes my first chi, my first dog and the first animal ive ever bonded with this way. i wasnt looking for a pet when i found her, she just needed a home and i loved her instantly and cant imagine not having her now. shes getting spayed in march, which im dreading but is the best thing for her im told. shes such a happy little dog now. she used to be timid and scared but shes slowly becoming lively and confident. so happy to have her in my life.
and im happy to join this site, ive had plenty of questions since i met her and this site is going to be a great help =D cant to talk to others that love there dogs as much as me. thanks for reading
=D Chantelle xx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Chantelle, welcome and great to have another Aussie here. Sounds like Ruby had a tough start but has now found a perfect forever home. You will love it here, everyone is so friendly.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hello Chantelle and welcome to the forum :D
Can't wait to see photos of Ruby

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hay well done for giving her a new and safe home. This forum has been a great help for me and I'm sure will be for you. Everyone is so friendly. So welcome and can't wait to see pics

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yay, another Aussie! Welcome :)

So glad you and Ruby found one another, sounds like you are giving her all the love and care she deserves. This site has helped me learn so much about my chis and it's really nice to have the support of others who love their dogs as much as you do when you have any scary health issues with your little ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts