Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered this site (via Google) and all because I was a little concerned about my baby T-Chi's slightly stinky ears - and I followed your link!
So this is wonderful. Very nice site - glad I found you! This is very close to a n7.Envision board - so not much of a learning curve for me! :D

I'm semi-retired, have 2 Blue Heelers (almost 4yr-old sisters) and a brand new creamy colored baby Chihuahua (he is described as a Teacup - although there is no such thing!). He weighs just over a kilo at almost 12 weeks, is as cute as a button, smart as a whip and his name is Maximilian II (after the 1st emporer of Mexico - Maximillian I) - but answers to Max! He sits well, pees on his pads 99.9% of the time and is currently learning how NOT to bark in his Blue sister's face if she doesn't feel like playing! He is blindly in love with just the one sister - who gets a bit fed up with his antics, and at almost 50lbs to his 1kg - I have to keep an eye open in case she accidentally sits on him. The other sister - all 67 lbs of her - treats him with the disdain that she thinks he deserves. He is a wonderful, intelligent little boy and I love him to death. I can't wait for summer when I can take him outside to play and explore (he has practically no hair and it is so cold here at the moment) but keeping a watchful eye on the sky (we have a lot of Hawks in my area!).

Glad to be here.....

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Welcome to chi ppl Jan, Max, and the two Blue Heelers! I look forward to see pictures of your crew.
I'm sure you will love it here. :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Welcome to you and the furbabies!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Awww he's such a sweetie! I use a topical ear cleaner every 2 months or so, no stinky ears here! :) I live in the US though so the same type is prob not available there I'm sure there is something similar :) I would also research his food some and make sure it is a good, high quality one :)

Welcome, and we LOVE seeing pictures here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww he's such a sweetie! I use a topical ear cleaner every 2 months or so, no stinky ears here........
I emailed his breeder and she recommended an over-sized Q-Tip dipped in 3% Peroxide. His ears weren't nasty just very slightly "cheesy" for want of a better word! When I cleaned them out - it was more like dried skin - but nothing nasty and certainly no discolored discharge or anything like that! He got a bath too - and now he smells like a newborn baby! ;)

My Heelers get the "ear treatment" every week in the summer to dry and deodorize the ear canal as they swim a lot. I ordered this from the U.S. and it's called K9 Liquid Health. It's got gentian violet and Colloidal silver in it so has to be done outside!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts