Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I got our first chi about a year ago. He is a deer-headed tri-color that we rescued from a breeder that couldn't find a buyer for him. We got our second Chi this past winter as another rescue. A long haired female that we were told was altered( we should have had that double checked) we now have a litter of 3 beautiful puppies that were born on mar 8th. So, now we are up to five but we really love the breed and they are a perfect fit for us and our human children.
I hope to post pics of them all as soon as I can get a chance as well.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Our chi mix is a rescue, too!
They just seem to know they got a second chance and
are so grateful!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Welcome to CP! We look forward to seeing pics of your chi-babies and having someone knew to talk to!

I have friends and family in Michigan. Popular place!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! What was the situation with the breeder? Just curious, as a 'rescue' means it came from somewhere it was being neglected or abused, or its life was in danger, etc. A lot of breeders have pups they don't sell right away, but I'm wondering if you meant they were threatening to put him down or something if you didn't take him. That's just awful. Like I said I'm just curious as I foster a lot of rescues and I don't take the term lightly LOL. Can't wait to see pix of the babies! I once took in a dog that the previous owners didn't know was pregnant. O_O That's how I got my first (and hopefully last, haha) lesson in raising pups. Good luck; there's a LOT of information here and I hope you'll stick around and get involved! =D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By rescue from the breeder, it was an unwanted pup that didn't sell. The "breeder" was in it for the money. They even tried to go back on giving it to us and demanding cash in exchange.
We lived in harrietta for about a year, not alot to do there lol small world

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well I'm new here too. And from Michigan too. Nice weather we've been having here lately too. Can't wait to see some pictures of your babies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx everyone, I did put a few photos in the photo forum? They are not the best but I'll be sure to add more as I can. My graphics card died on my comp so I'm in the middle of fixing that. I wish I could upload directly from my iphone

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Loved the pics of the babies.. Two look like they belong to mom and dad, but that little SOW (spotted on white) looks like he came from a totally differ litter..lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's my favorite. He is a chunkasaurus and the first born. I have no idea where his markings came from but he will be a long coat. He has the side tufts on his neck like mom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm idk how to post from this one it's my second iPhone I should be a pro by now guess I ask my 7 y/o how to post lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts