Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all, I am a new Chihuahua mom, we have an 11 week old little guy, named Benito(Benny is what we call him) We also have a 5 year old Beagle, we were anxious to see how the 2 bonded, and they are doing quite well, I was surprised at how gentle our Beagle is with Benny,yet they still wrestle, it is so cute! This is the first puppy I have had so the training part is new, our Beagle is a rescue, and we got him at 2 (so no training invloved) . I am interested in what others have to say, I am sure I will have some questions (in fact I know I will, lol. Hugs Sandie

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
where in N.H. are you. I spent my summers for 60+ years on Great Island on Lake Sunapee. A really great place. I had my chis on the island many times. I had to sell it in 2009. Was in the family for years. Very sad, but nessasary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Susan, We are no where near there, although I am very familiar with the area. We are in Hillsboro,NH. Nice little town, yet not to far from the Mall, etc. nice meeting you.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Nice meeting you too, Sandie. I still remember my two chi's taking their morning walk on the island. They never went far, and were so proud of themselves! We went in September, so most of the people had gone from the island. One was the leader, the other followed. The leader was a rescue, who was extremely shy with people.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hi sandie! Welcome to cp, i was a first time chihuahua owner and honestly this forum is a god send. Everyone is lovely and eager to help :)! Benny is a little cutie pie!! love his markings, and glad he's settling in well!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awww Benny is so cute! His name fits him, too. When I first introduced my chihuahua to my black lab they were instantly friends. It's so funny to see such a big dog playing with a puppy. Good luck with the training! I'm sure you'll do great :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I just enrolled him in puppy school today, the vet said he was a good candidate, because he is so aggressive at this young age. Hoping it will help, he is fine with our Beagle and myself and hubby, but with some people he will actually growl (a mean growl), ans snap at them, which he did to the Vet, they had to put a muzzle on him, which made him worse....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts