Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
I've loved this site for a while and finally got around to registering! I am an American teacher in the mountains of South Korea. My family consists of my New Zealand husband (who is a teacher and a photographer for animals shelters here), our cocker spaniel Bambina and-the joy of my life- my long haired Chihuahua Hopie. :)
Hopie is truly the darling of my life and a very special doggie.
We rescued her from an animal shelter here in South Korea. She had been living in a wire exposed cage on the side of a mountain with nothing but a wooden board in her cage. When I adopted her she was half-frozen with the beginning stages of pneumonia, underweight and had the most awful tear-stains. She ate raw chicken everyday at the shelter, and our vet deduced that she had been abused in her former life because she has had several teeth knocked out on the right side of her head. :-(
I have had Hopie for 4 months now and she has made SUCH wonderful strides. She is 8 pounds now and although loud sounds still frighten her and she's nervous around people she is SUCH a good girl. She will go on walks now and wag her tail. She LOVES to dig and roll around a play.
Since she is part Jindo she has a lovely tail and so loyal.
My husband and I will be moving back to America in about a year (for good! at last!) so Hopie and her shelter-sister Bambina will get to see grass and trees and live in a dog-welcoming country.
I am so thankful for this site. Dogs are eaten and abused in South Korea and there's not a lot of resources for me out here. Bless you all!

Mandy

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome Mandy so glad you rescued little Hopie what a sad but happy ending story,she is beautiful and such a lucky little dog to have found a loving family at last.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello Mandy, and welcome to you and your fur babies.. They are obviously very fortunte to have found a loving home with your family.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Welcome Mandy!

Something united you with Hopie, i'm certain of it :] You saved her from an unfortunate end.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi to you and hopie so happy youve joined the forum ive learned alot and laughed alot for what ive read hope you enjoy as i have im so glad you rescued little hopie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone, you all are so sweet. I'll try and post some more photos of Hopie this week, she does so many cute little things. We are trying to teach her "sit", she's pretty stubborn about it but our cocker spaniel taps her lightly on the back with her paw and she remembers to sit down before she gets her treat. :-D I'm taking her in April to get her teeth cleaned so I'm a bit nervous about that, but she's doing great so far!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts