Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thre are just so many little gadgets to play with on these boards:lol:

I took my daughter to meet the breeder of her Chrismas puppy Chibi.. we have decided that she desperately needs a sister. After 2 hours of trying to decide she left a deposit on a small white and chocolate little girl that was only 6 days old. The breeder called me 2 days ago and told me that she had a puppy returned to her, as the owners were not quite prepared for a 4 month old demanding chihuahua and asked if we might be interested in her as she would be of age to interact with our 6 month old. Ohhhh god more decisions yet to come. We are scheduled to go and visit the pup that we adopted but will look at this 4 month old as well.

Now the real dilemma.... I haven't mentioned a new family member to my husband..... I was thinking a Steak and Shrimp dinner followed by his favorite carrot cake, topped with a sweet surprise... or should I just put her in a basket and tell him that since he is truely a great husband that I thought he should own his very own chihuahua? How have you all broken the news :lol:

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
When picking up our Lillie, we adopted her at a young age and brought her home the day we saw the litter. Pure bred Chihuahua though. In the backyard, we hid her as I and the street kids mucked around and let our other Chi, Pepi meet his new room mate. It was funny when my father saw her running towards him. It was like 'Whats This??!!' But he likes her alot. Even though he calls them all Stinky Pants. Lmbo. :lol:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Oh God this has happened many of times for me and my sisters we got 4 horses without my mum and dad even knowing untill we thought we would break the news on xmas day. My mum told me to get off other peoples horses and to stop being silly. lol When we told her she didnt speak to us for about a week but she came down tp the stables and fell in love with them so i wouldn't worry too much - he'll get over it!!!!! lol! Have fun with your new pup or should i say pups lol! x x x By the way i think you should just cook a delishous meal the slowly raise the basket with the pup and say suprise!!! lol! x x x

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
cook the meal when he compliments it say oh no i didn't cook she did and then show her to him :p surprise hun! isn't she cute! she followed me home and cooked us dinner....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My International Studies Student who thinks he was Japanese in another life just emailed me to make a name suggestion ... I had asked about translations of sister or friend, which all turned out to be to long... He suggested Suki. This is what he said about the name What about the name Suki? Used for a item it means you like something, used on a person it means love. Also it was in an old Steppenwolf song Since he and the exchange student that he brought home for Christmas helped name Chibi we might as well keep the tradition going of giving little Mexican dogs a more international flair.

Have you seen Suki used quite a bit in the Chi world?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Tiffslilchi's mom has a chi named Suki Sue. I wanted Suki at first because of the show Gilmore Girls but I couldn't because there was already a chi with that name.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
:lol: Yes, Stinky Pants. Because apparently they are smelly, but I dont think so.

I love the name Suki. if Suki means love then thats a pretty name. I'de go with it since I haven't heard of a chi being called Suki anyway.

Horses O__O Its easy with Chihuahuas. But horses? Where did you hide it!?

·
Registered
696 Posts
lol what ive done in the past is as soon as he comes home i say awww look what i found it follwed me home then hes all like maoning and stuff like that but thats the bit i completly blank out and stay in my own lil world and pretend he doesnt matter lollolllol in the end he falls in love with um anyways haha

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a snake named Suki and I think it would be an adorable name for a chi.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Tell hubby that Chibi needs a companion so she won't be lonely. Explain that you'll feel much more comfortable leaving her home if she has a sister to play with. And tell him that while one dog might chew up the house when she gets bored, the two dogs will play together and tire each other out instead.

OR... you could say, "Honey, we're having another baby." When he gets that "deer in the headlights" look on his face, just laugh and say, "I'm only kidding, it's just a puppy!" He'll be so relieved, he'll welcome a 4 legged critter.

I hope it works out for you. And Suki is a great name! So pretty! :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This thread is funny! My husband is a great guy, but he would KILL me if I brought home another dog w/out talking to him. It took 5 years just to get him to let my daughter and I have Zeus. I always wanted a German Shepherd, but my husband had Chi's growing up. He said no way would he let me have a Shepherd in the house because they are too big (I grew up with Shepherds). He said big dogs eat too much and their "poop" is too big. haha The only way he'd allow a dog in the house is if it was a small dog. I decided, ok, I'll see what Chi's are all about. It was the best choice I could have made. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
This thread is funny...I guess I got lucky, I told my fiance I wanted another chi and he said ok, but we have to wait until we move because it would be too hard to have a little baby and drive across the country. It will be hard enough for us to make the drive with Charlie so it sounded like a fair deal to me :D

Rachael I like your idea... hehehe!

Suki is a cute name the only other time I've heard it is on Gilmore Girls.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i rent the attic from my mom and stepfather (it's like a studio apartment up there, real nice and roomy too!) so we were going to get chiwi and just not tell my stepfather and then if he jsut happened to see her (he never comes upstairs) we'd be like oh well i have her for X amount of time already... well when i went to pick chiwi up my mom was so excited she had to tell him so she said this:

what's the worst thing that could happen to us?

uh, you get pregnant? (as he is 70 and had a vasectomy and she is 44 or 45)

oh well then this isn't so bad then mandy is getting a puppy (big smile on her face)

what kind? (expecting another pit bull or something)

a chihuahua

oh man a little rat? whatever...

so when i got hom (my mom had called me to say he was ok with it) first thing he said to me was lets see the little rat. yeah it's cute.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
We didnt nessassarily hide them we just put them onto the stables where we kept one horse that we owned which she knew about but then we got a tad bit carried away and bought the 4 more lol - now we have 6, 8 at one point but it was slightly scary the look on her face when we told her. Hmm the silent treat ment all week! lol
Good look x x x :wave:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got lucky. My boyfriend got me Amber for my Bday when I had said I wanted to own one SOMEDAY. I told him I wanted a little fawn one with a white blaze, white socks, tummy and even the tip of the tail. I said I would get myself one after college. I in no way suggested NOW as I have ferrets and a dog (hairless CC).

So you can imagine I was shocked!!! Ok yeah but totally thrilled! Any doubt of trouble taking care of 2 dogs was gone. And it hasn't been hard at all!But I was terrified to show my parents. I told my parents that we needed to talk about what Chris got me for my B day. I went in another room and came back with 3 lb Amber. They didn't speak for a long time...if it was a shock to me I can't imagine for them! Then my mom said "He...he got you a puppy?? And I explained she was already 1.5. And then they couldn't believe she wasn't a puppy b/c she was so tiny. And well no one can say no to a cute little chi. How can they???

I love the name Suki. I only heard it as a name to a ferret.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts