Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to introduce myself and my little Chi guy, Paco. We live in SD and I've had Paco for about five weeks now. I found him when I delivered some dog food to our shelter. He's six pounds, quite skinny, and I was told he's probably about a year old. I'm very much into Westies and Toy Poodles but have wanted a Chihuahua for some time now. I knew what I wanted as far as color, markings, etc and when I first saw Paco was surprised to see he had it all. As an added bonus, on his muzzle, right before the black of his nose begins, he has the cutest perfectly shaped little pink heart! It's just the coolest thing! Is this a common marking in this breed? I'm looking forward to "meeting" the rest of you and learning more about Chihuahuas and how to properly care for them. I consider myself an expert (well, kind of!) on Westies and Poodles but certainly not when it comes to Chis.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Welcome, congrats on your new addition. I have raised Westies in the past, and want another one really badly, my male Jakob passed away from AIHA/Lymphoma about 2 years ago. They are the funnest dogs. I love poodles as well but the Standard ones :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sugarbaby...

I haven't a clue how to post pictures here. I've posted hundreds on our Westie forum but this is way different.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Welcome to the board. Congrats on your new addition. :) To post pics you just need to upload them to a place like photobucket and then post the url link to the photo between img tags. Like this, no spaces:

[ img ] url here [ / img ]

If you click on the little photo pic at the top column above the message box, you can also just put the url in there and it will tag it automatically.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I guess I did something wrong while registering to join here. Im getting so many replies to threads in my inbox. I really don't want them. I'd rather read them on the forum. How do I stop them?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your rescue, Im looking forward to pics!
You can change whether you receive emails about posts and replies by choosing the "quick links" drop down menu at the very top, and then selecting "edit options". Theres just a little box to uncheck about emails.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RE: LDMomma

No, I haven't posted pictures of Paco yet. I'm computer challenged! LOL! It's very easy on our Westie board but here I have no idea how to do it even though someone here did give me instructions. Haven't had a lot of time to try either. Chester is my third Westie. Hard to believe he will be 10 in Dec! Sure as heck hate to see him get old! Seems like just yesterday I adopted him (same shelter I got Paco from) as an 18 month old. They certainly are wonderful dogs, aren't they? So smart! The Terrier Club (for Westie and Carins) is a fun place. Check it out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts