Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
just wanted to say hi and wanted a bit of advice i have 2 4 months old chi's, my question is how much do you feed them a day, ive been told that you only need to feed that a tablespoon for each meal, after eating the pups still look like there hungry and keep searching for food, is that the correct amount or am i under feeding. thanks

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Yeah it does depend.
If it is kibble i would say for pups i would up it to 2 tablespoons per meal.
Although if doing 4 meals a day, then maybe a few bits less, but not a lot less.
I now feed Dillon who is 6 months 3 meals a day and 2 tablespoons each meal, he also gets a bit of chicken at lunchtime as a snack.
My girls do too.
When he was younger i gave him 4 small meals a day, first at about 7.30am, then 12, then 5.30pm, then last one at about 10pm.
I also add some water to their kibble.
Mine are on Acana and the pieces are bigger than a lot of kibble too, so it doesnt seem so little.
If the pups are small and quite active, then i would do the 4 small meals if you are not already. xxx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently feeding them royal canin, 1 is 2kg the other 2.75kg the vet said to feed them a tablespoon but they were very picky when I first got them and would hardly eat, but nowadays they are much better they seem so hungry so I'm wondering if that is not enough, I'm going to increase it to 2 tablespoons now, thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts