Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm new here, obviously, lol. I just recently got my first chihuahua. He's an 8 week old purebred longhair chihuahua male. At his vet appointment yesterday he weighed 1.4 lbs.

I've been a member of other forums similar to this one though not one specifically about chihuahuas.

In addition to Nugget my chihuahua I also have:
Toby, a 1.5 yo beagle/jack russell/dachshund mix
Gunner, a 2-3 yo Catahoula Leopard Dog/Lab mix
Magee, a green and yellow parakeet
Ivory, a solid white parakeet
Snow, a 13 yo bay roan appaloosa broodmare
Gretchen, a 3 yo red roan blanket appaloosa filly in training (Snow's daughter)
Ruby, a 4-5 yo bay grade mare
Willy, a 6 month old black standard donkey jack

I'm 20 yo, live with my boyfriend/fiance' Ryan (21yo). Horses are usually my main interest but that gets really super expensive. I'll keep my horses I have but I've been thinking about maybe doing more with my dogs, like agility etc.

Nuggett is registered CKC but I've been told rather rudely on other forums that CKC is a complete joke. I'm not too worried about it though. They have their events that I could compete in with Nuggett and since he's registered I don't see what it would hurt right?

Anyways, hello everybody!

·
Registered
355 Posts
A large family in more ways than one! I used to be into horses, now I'm down to just one mule, Pete, who's 12h2", 28 years old, and retired. He doesn't live with us because he doesn't know anybody here, so he's the "mascot" at the boarding stable where we used to live. Welcome - can't wait for you to post pictures of your whole crew!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hey and welcome to the group.. sounds like you have a big heart and lots of love to share with your "critter" family..lol We have chis, mixed breed rescues, and 4 parakeets.. and years ago had horses..
It makes me quite sad to know members on other forums have been unkind about your little Nuggett.. and his registration.. Perhaps those folks were breeders or into "showing" chis which requires an AKC designation here in the states.. Our chi babies are family members and pets only, some are AKC and meet the standard, and others do not. It makes no difference to me personally.. I just adore chis for the "heart" they have and their total devotion to their people..I know there are members here who do agility with their chi babies, and if you decide to go that route I'm certain you and Nuggett will love it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
wow hi there welcome , y got a big family of animals there i uesd to be like that but with cats i had 5 cats till ppl ran em over nasty gits they are. now ive got 1 cat she called cuddles she 4 now and ive got 2 chi 1 girl and 1 boy my chi girl is 2 and my boy chi is 2 and a half but i love em to bits

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Hello and Welcome, I hope you post photos of all your pets and of course Nuggett, he sounds adorable.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts