Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got this adorable pup 2 days ago. He still has no name :(

He has attached himself to my 9yo daughter. Anywhere she is, he is. Her room has become his territory. If you walk through her doorway he starts barking at you. He already plays fetch and uses the puppy pee pads so I'm quite happy about that. He is 16 weeks old and has the long hair. I know nothing about chihuahua's which is why I joined here, on advice from my sister-in-law (I'm even sure she has better pics of him than me :coolwink:)

Any name suggestions would be appreciated I don't want him to go too much longer without a name.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
He's super adorable! Good luck finding a name here are some...Casper, Cotton, Ice, Blizzard, Cloud, Blake, Marshmallow or Marshall for short LOL Sorry I'm not good at this! He's very cute though and hope you find a good name soon!:hello1:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the welcome and ideas guys. We have been tossing around names since we picked him up and none have stuck.
We've thought of Comet, Gizmo, Jasper, Sunny. My boy wants Beach, and my 9yo wants Lachie, while the youngest wants rudolph lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
thanks for the welcome and ideas guys. We have been tossing around names since we picked him up and none have stuck.
We've thought of Comet, Gizmo, Jasper, Sunny. My boy wants Beach, and my 9yo wants Lachie, while the youngest wants rudolph lol.
Welcome! He's adorable. :) How are you pronouncing Lachie? I like unusual names. :) Out of the ones you listed, I like Gizmo and Jasper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, so is he!!! Sound asleep.

He finally has a name too.......

Loki (god of mischief/trickery lol)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Very cute, we have a few Lokis around the forum.

One thing though, you mentioned he's already territorial of your daughters room? I don't mean to be a negative nancy or anything but you might want to look into correcting that.

I'm not sure if pups are usually territorial or anything and it certainly could just be play, but I know with my Grans dachshund it became a HUGE problem with him claiming things and he's bite anyone who got near.

Other than that welcome to the forum, hope you can find a wealth of information here :]

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Very cute, we have a few Lokis around the forum.

One thing though, you mentioned he's already territorial of your daughters room? I don't mean to be a negative nancy or anything but you might want to look into correcting that.

I'm not sure if pups are usually territorial or anything and it certainly could just be play, but I know with my Grans dachshund it became a HUGE problem with him claiming things and he's bite anyone who got near.

Other than that welcome to the forum, hope you can find a wealth of information here :]

I was thinking the same exact thing. So I guess I'm a negative Nellie too. lol He's super cute. Make sure though that he knows you are the pack leader.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone :)

We were abit concerned about it but he has settled down a lot more the last 2 days and now the only times he barks or growls is at our other dog and only when the other dog is trying to sniff him.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Hi Bree, Welcome to Chi ppl, love the new pup I seen pics already on Facebook.
lol can you work out who I am?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts