Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Jen and I have never owned a Chihuahua until recently. Really, my home is full of a beagle, cats, and fosters. I am looking for advice from others who have owned a Chi. I work for an SPCA and took home a small chi foster, about 10 years old, with a body score of 0 to pump her back to health until she could be fixed and re-homed. When her surgery came around they found she had a broken jaw and so was not a candidate for adoption but rather for euthanasia. So now she is mine and has been for two months, her name is Maggie. She is a very picky eater and has put on nearly a pound since she has been with me to reach about 3.8lbs. Now that she has, she is able to go in for surgery on Tuesday to fix her jaw. Any advice would be very wonderful. Thank you all!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hi and welcome.
So good of you to help Maggie and give her a loving home.
Would love to see some pics of her when you get a chance. x

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Awwww bless your heart! She sounds like a little sweetie. I have a soft spot for the special needs babies as well I can't say no :) We'd love to see pictures.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My goodness a broken jaw, bless her heart. I'm so happy you're taking care of her! Good luck with the surgery and I hope the best! Thank you for caring for this little angel and giving her the chance to live the life she most likely never had until she found you!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Welcome! What advice are you wanting? Is she in any pain? Is she on pain meds? How is she eating? I would definitely give her soft food til she gets the jaw fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
Maggie is eating whatever she wants whenever she wants right now due to the jaw. Thank you all for responding. A few topics that would help are nails--they are so small I am afraid to cut them myself so take her in---Food, what should she be eating when her jaw is fixed, there are several chi types but all are for denal health---how best to potty train, now she goes outside but also on one rug I have. And any overall chi need to know from owners rather than book reading! Thank you all so much!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
How wonderful of you to give Maggie a home. I would love to see pics of her! Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
welcome to chi ppl! What a great thing you have done, Cant wait to see pics!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well done for saving Maggie, she's a lucky girl. Would love to see some pictures of her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts