Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

my name is Cat, and ive just recently got a little chihuahua. Ive wanted one for oer a year and my paprtner finally gave in when she saw a pup a friend had. So he came to us 3 weeks ago and has continued to work his way into our hearts. His name is Gunther and he has just turned 11 weeks old. He stands at 5 inches tall, next to our other 2 22 inch dogs lol

we are hoping to get another very soon, so he has a similar size companion, as he keeps playin with the big dogs n they keep knockin him over bless.

i hope to learn a lot from this forum and meet other chihuahua lovers.

Cat x

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your new addition! Sometimes it does take some converting to get everyone in the house to be a chi person, well done!
Cant wait to see some pics of little Gunther. What other dogs do you have?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Welcome Cat to you, your partner, your new chi baby and other fur babies! Please post pics of all your doggies..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies guys

we have a sheep dog and a heinz 57. also have a variety of other animals including chickens, rabbits, skunks, cats, rodents and reptiles

not sure how to add pics? on other forums i can copy n paste from my facebook but cant seem to do it here?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lets see if this works

gunther

where he sleeps between us

Gunther with Fergus the sheep dog

me ninja n gunther first thing in the mornin so excuse the pic of me lol

my partner, gunther n blinky

gunther with my dad

sleepy times

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Gunter is absolutely adorable.. I really love his coat coloring.. we have two blondies, and I think they are awesome! Dont' chis make wonderful "neck warmers??" One of our little guys, Rio, who has gone over the Rainbow Bridge now, slept around my neck for nearly 13 years and I loved it! I really, really miss that now that he is no longer with me.
You guys have some lovely kitties.. We only have one cat now, Gypsy, who is 10. I lost our Miss Kitty at 19 years old and her daughter, Calli at 17 years old within 3 months of each other.. I miss them as well. We also had a silverback skunk for 7 years.. He died in his sleep of old age.. had him since he was 6 weeks old.. He loved everyone as a baby, but once he matured he wanted nothing to do with anyone but me.. He was one very stubborn and determined little guy.. he never went "around" anything, he went "through" it..lol Also nipped off about an inch of the tail on a great dane pup we had at the time.. How is the temperament on the skunk you guys have?? Could we see some pics of him? Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
8 Posts
How adorable, he is so sweet, it's amazing how these little creatures can worm their way into our hearts and melt it like chocolate. Lol. Love your pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gunter is absolutely adorable.. I really love his coat coloring.. we have two blondies, and I think they are awesome! Dont' chis make wonderful "neck warmers??" One of our little guys, Rio, who has gone over the Rainbow Bridge now, slept around my neck for nearly 13 years and I loved it! I really, really miss that now that he is no longer with me.
You guys have some lovely kitties.. We only have one cat now, Gypsy, who is 10. I lost our Miss Kitty at 19 years old and her daughter, Calli at 17 years old within 3 months of each other.. I miss them as well. We also had a silverback skunk for 7 years.. He died in his sleep of old age.. had him since he was 6 weeks old.. He loved everyone as a baby, but once he matured he wanted nothing to do with anyone but me.. He was one very stubborn and determined little guy.. he never went "around" anything, he went "through" it..lol Also nipped off about an inch of the tail on a great dane pup we had at the time.. How is the temperament on the skunk you guys have?? Could we see some pics of him? Blessings, Deb
thanks for your lovely reply. we have 5 cats at the moment, had 6 but unfortunately spaghetti had to be put to sleep last year ar 2 years old as he had liver failure. i miss him so much. ninja was diagnosed with cancer had a tumour 8 inches long and 2 inch in diameter, our vet advised to put him to sleep while he was under GA, i said no i wanted him back for the week he'd given him to live......that was 20 months ago now and ninja is still with us, the check up showed no tumour! think it grew so big it cut its own blood supply off. the vet found secondaries, but nothin has come of those either. our vet is wonderful but he did say he loves cases that turn out like this and agreed i made the right decision.

my first skunk domino was black and white, 6 months when we got him, unfortunately he passed away a year later from heart failure, somethin i will never get over. Chester our choc and white was left without a friend, so we got mojo, a rehome albino off a friend, who again we only had a year and then the et found 40 plus cancerous tumours inside him and we had to let him go. now chester lives with Dice, our black and white female.

this is chester

ninja

chester with a very dirty mojo

Dice

this is mali another one of the cats

here is spaghetti rip

minty another kitty

diva another kitty

domino and chester goin for walkies, rip dom

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I loved your pics of the skunks and kitties.. Our skunk was Thumper, he was black and white.. but a a silverback with the wide white stripe down his back.. unlike the native skunks here in Georgia which have a narrow white stripe. It is not legal here to own the native skunks, only those bred in captivity.. which now are only the choc/white and the whites.. Now you cannot even breed the silverbacks. Thank you for sharing your photos with us, I really enjoyed seeing them. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! What great pictures....I don't think I have ever heard of having a Skunk for a pet (I live in the UK). Your little Chi is adorable....Our little blue girl we are getting has two little sisters of a very similar colouring.
xxx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow! What great pictures....I don't think I have ever heard of having a Skunk for a pet (I live in the UK). Your little Chi is adorable....Our little blue girl we are getting has two little sisters of a very similar colouring.
xxx
where you gettin your little girl from? cant wait to see pictures. how much are her sisters just out of curiousity? hehe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts