Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is our new little chi- Justice. He is about 6 weeks old and my daughter just loves him! He is our first dog in 10 years and it's been way longer since I have had such a young puppy. My mom got him for my daughter for her 10th bday.

Hope this works!!! Excited to learn lots about our new addition!
Bevy

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome :) He's a cutie! Is he 100% Chi? If so he's big for 6 weeks (and they shouldn't be leaving home at that age, 8 weeks is a minimum but 10 to 12 is better), my 17 week old Chi is not much bigger than that.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I agree with Sarah, he's pretty big for six weeks. Toby wasn't much bigger than that when I brought him home at 16-17 weeks. Are you taking special precautions since he is so young? He is definitely a cutie, though. I have a soft spot for the white and cream ones.

PS- That's the same collar Toby has. He has the matching collar/leash set and then a plain red harness :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think some people say puppies that they haven't been able to sell are younger than they really are in order to try and sell them. Oh well, better for him if he is a bit older coz 6 weeks is so young. I just thought I would let you know that he looks either older or not 100% chi because I hope people are getting what they pay for as there are sooooo many unscrupulous breeders out there :( He looks a bit like my niece's puppy who is a Chi x mini fox terrier.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hi & Welcome! :wave:

I hope you enjoy your stay. Don't be shy to ask questions, folks are very kind and helpful on here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
He is very cute , I have a white male also hes 11 weeks old now ..... Have fun with him and enjoy the site ......

·
Registered
23 Posts
how cute :) he is sooo tiny. im new here to, planning on adopting a older chi for me and my little girl. i just love this site, its very helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts