Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there all!

My names Serena and I have just adopted an amazing Chi boy called Arnie today and just cannot believe how easily he has settled in already. So clucky for this puppy right now! lol x

So anyway Hi all xXx

·
Banned
248 Posts
He is absolutely adorable! I think you will enjoy the forum :)

I am pretty new to Chi ownership myself. Recently I adopted my 2 year old blue and tan female from a friend who no longer wanted her. And then I rescued a puppymill 4 year old female from a small breed rescue. They are AWESOME little dogs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awww that's amazing of you! They must be the happiest creatures alive! How lucky they are :)
I'm totally loving sharing life with him myself x

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Thank you for rescuing. He's is so cute! What are you feeding him? Sometimes the bad tear staining is from food allergies. I found when I went grain free or to a high quality limited ingredient food, the tearing stopped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awww thanks everybody! I'm glad you like.
Oh! That would be good! The lady I got him from gave me the remainder of the food she was feeding him which is Royal Canin Digestive health which is pretty good. She recommended Angel Eyes to get rid of the tears if I was interested. You think it would clean up with diet? What would you recommend?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I had had them on Nature's Recipe Grain Free small breed easy to digest. It just got too expensive to continue to feed all the dogs on it, so I switched to a limited ingredient recipe from the same brand. The rest are doing well on it, though I did notice Smoke's eyes are getting yucky again. And I'm putting Pepe on the grain free now as he has digestive issues, a rumbly tummy and horrible gas, and weepy eyes and I'm hoping it will sort him out. But any grain free food may help a lot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts