Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I`m Anna and I`m here because I`m an owner of two adorable chihuahuas. It would be nice to meet new people who also love dogs to share the experience, thoughts and just funny stories about pets!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I'm Linda. I have 3 chihuahuas (one 6 yr. old female and two 7 month old males). I had wanted a chihuahua for yrs. and finally got my little female, Izzie. I've never enjoyed any other breed of dog as much as I did her so I decided to get another one. I got a little short haired male, Scooby and my daughter got his brother, Peanut. Peanut didn't like her husband so I ended up with him too. He's a beautiful long hair. I just had him neutered last week and he is doing great. I plan to eventually get the other male neutered. I'm retired so I have a lot of time to spend with my babies. They are very loving and fun. Have a great day

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm Mary. I had also wanted a Chi since childhood. I did not have dogs as an adult because I could not afford to care for them properly. After I lost my son, I answered an ad in Craig's List and brought home a tiny Chi mix puppy.

It sounds like hyperbole to say that she saved my life, so suffice it to say that she gave me a reason to live. Laurel is a very special and nurturing soul despite her health issues and possibly short life expectancy. She filled me with so much love that some of it had to spill over into a dog in need.

Chocolate lost her family to a DV situation and a bad decision by a judge. There were lots of pets who had to be rehomed and the first person to take Chocolate seemed ideal: a retired woman who had time to spend with a dog with severe separation anxiety and littermate syndrome.

Unfortunately, that woman lived in an apartment and when Chocolate gets lonely, she is LOUD. Nobody meant to further traumatize an already traumatized dog, but there is bad and inappropriate training advice floating around out there so Chocolate was returned the worse for wear.

She came to me in the arms of a sobbing 7 year old child and wouldn't let me come within 10 feet of her for three days. She's come a long way.

Those are my Chihuahuas. Neither of them is purebred. My landlord says "no more", but we also have a kitten.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mary, thanks for your post. I'm glad you are able to have your dogs and kitty where you are renting. A lot of landlords won't allow any pets at all. So glad you gave Chocolate a good home, sounds like she needed you and you needed her. What kind of health issues does Laurel have? I hope she can overcome them. God bless you and your babies and have a great day. Linda

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Welcome..I am Deb. We also have 3 chi boys. Neko is 15, Buster is 14, and Mick is 3. They make our home a happy place to be for us.
We got our first chi 29 years ago and have had chihuahuas ever since. We were "hooked" immediately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my first chi 6 yrs. ago and will be hooked the rest of my life. I wanted one many yrs. ago, but had other dogs and was working so much at the time I didn't have the time I could devote to one. I'm a retired RN and did home health visits. I fell in love with some of the chi's that belonged to some of my patients. Finally when I was working part-time I had a patient that had 4 chi's. I decided it was time to get one for myself and fell in love with the little precious female, Izzy, that I got 6 yrs. ago. Now I also have the 2 precious males that are 7 months old. I am retired and have a lot of time to devote to my babies. I also have horses and ride quite a bit. I have 2 old cats that are now having some health issues to deal with. Needless to say I'm a hopeless animal lover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts