Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site so thought I'd join. I've just booked a Chihuahua cross Jack Russell. They were born 2 weeks ago. I've never had this type if dog before as I usually have Shih Tzu's, Maltese or GSD's. I have one Shih Tzu who is 9 yrs old and one baby Shih Tzu who is 4 months old. I got the new one to play with the old one but the old one is not really interested. I've had an interest in a Chihuahua for ages now but just have never acted on it for some reason. I want something really tiny that would be easy to carry if I took it out. This litter I've booked from, the parents are very small. Not sure why seeing as they are half Jack Russell .. but anyway I'm looking forward to getting him (there are only males, would have preferred a female as I'm concerned about a male lifting his leg everywhere). I will have him neutered as soon as he is old enough. Ok I better stop waffling :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Welcome .My neighbour has a JR/chi cross and it's the tiniest little thing,with a huge character.I have a male sheltie and 2 females he's never marked in the house

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Welcome to the board! :) I would say that with the Jack Russell in the line it is still possible it will be on the larger side (JR size). Even looking at the parents doesnt mean it will remain small, it could go either way. I look forward to seeing pics :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome .My neighbour has a JR/chi cross and it's the tiniest little thing,with a huge character.I have a male sheltie and 2 females he's never marked in the house
Now you've restored my faith in males a little :)

Welcome to the board! :) I would say that with the Jack Russell in the line it is still possible it will be on the larger side (JR size). Even looking at the parents doesnt mean it will remain small, it could go either way. I look forward to seeing pics :)
:( .. Ok now I'm worried lol .. well I'll see them on Saturday so hopefully I can get an idea of what I'm getting .. mind u that's wishful thinking as they are only 2 weeks old on Saturday.

Thanks everyone for the replies :thumbright:

·
Registered
489 Posts
hi and welcome...i have a male chi/jack rurssell and he is not to much bigger than my chis....and have naver had any trouble with him marking....he was the easiest of all my dogs to house train....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi and welcome...i have a male chi/jack rurssell and he is not to much bigger than my chis....and have naver had any trouble with him marking....he was the easiest of all my dogs to house train....
That's nice to know Lyndsey ... can't wait to see them on Saturday. Will try to take pics :) ... BTW ... how old is ur chi/jr? And what does he weigh now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts