Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here :)
I don't currently have a Chihuahua, but after years of persuasion, I am finally allowed one :D
I will be getting it in july, when summer starts, so I will be off from university to train her and get her used to her new home.

Any advice on preparing for a Chi before I find one and bring her home will be appreciated - thankyou very much in advance.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Hello & Welcome :)

Good luck with finding a little girl! Chihuahuas are great! I do honestly mean that lol once you've had one youll always want one! There are plenty of tips about if you read through the forum and plenty of experiences and stories too! The most important tip I'd say is to make sure you buy her from a good breeder :) never rush to buy the first puppy you see either. Take a look around and make sure you're prepared. Good Luck. Keep us posted!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! :)

You can read through older posts and do searches here for specific information. You will learn tons here :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou very much for your kind welcomes :)
I've read so much on Chis so far, and will keep reading, I want the best for my future lil baby :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hello and welcome! cant wait to see pics of your cuties! Are you already knowing from where you will be acquiring your new joy? It is great that you are taking the time to read up more on chis. They are wonderful little babies. The one thing of advice I will stress is nutrition. Check the nutrition area in this forum. It has endless amounts of wonderful information.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I'm not sure where she'll come from yet, I'm looking around, and counting down the days till I've estimated she'll be born! (In about 1-2 weeks, if I'm getting her at about 8 weeks old!)

I'll definately be checking that section, I need to know more about nutrition than anything else atm :) thankyou

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good luck with your new baby! When we got ours I was totally unprepared but the little guys took right on to our lifestyle and settled in just fine. My purchase of my guys was a total impulse buy. I wasn't even out to buy a puppy... and I came home from work with 2!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts