Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya people I am now the very proud owner of not 1 but two chis my questions is my new baby girl is 8 weeks old and weighs in at 2lbs 4oz , what will she b fully grown?. I have a 2 year old boy oscar who is 9lbs. Also my new puppy has only 1 ear up which i find strange can i expect it to go up? thanks x

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi! Congrats on the new puppy she's a cutie. Zoey is my first chi so I give you much advice on her weight. About the ear...well Zoeys ears were the same way. First she had just one up and bent at the end then the other went up also bending at the end. Finally just a couple of days ago they went up completely...lol but yeah she was looking a little funny there for a moment! I cant tell you for sure your puppy's ears will go up completely seeing that all pups are different but I would give her some time. She still has a lot of growing to do:)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to the group.. Would love to see pics of your furbabies...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would guess your puppy will grow to be about 8 pounds. Usually if they are close to 2 pounds at 12 weeks, they will end up about 5 pounds, so since your girl is already over that at 8 weeks, I would guess her to be a bigger girl when grown.

Of course things change and some puppies don't fit that profile at all! Do you know how big her parents were? Even that doesn't dictate size. But you can get a closer idea if you can see what is behind her.

Ears can go up and down with teething. They should be up in the next few weeks.

Would love some pics!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome!

I have 2 as well, both of mine are girls.

Hope weighed 2 lbs. at 12 weeks, Ruby 2 lbs. at 14 weeks. They are now 8 months and 7.5 months and both weigh 3.5 lbs. Not certain where they will end up as Tracy says.

Ruby's ears are still down and she is 7.5 months so it may be that they will stay down. Sometimes they are up but it does not last. She often has one up and one down. When they are down, it makes her look like a tiny golden retriever!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys so excited to be on this website, I am just crazy about my babies. Loads more pics on the way in my albums. Lola is my baby girl and oscar is my boy he is 2 years old. Lola is 8 weeks old. xx :)

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Here is a link to a chihuahua weight chart:
Chihuahua weight chart

It looks like your puppy will be over 6lbs.

I am not sure how accurate they are.. My new puppy was charting to be between 3-3.5 lbs 2 weeks ago but now she is charting at 5.5lbs. So who knows! Also, her ears were not standing when we picked her up but now they are.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My Bella was like exactly that size at that age. She is the bigger one in my siggy. She is differently shaped then most Chi's tho, very tall and long. But anyways, she is now 6.5 months and about 6 lbs 4 oz. She will prolly be close to 8 full grown, hard to know for sure though, cuz she grew SUPER fast, so who knows if she is done or not, or if she will continue to grow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi, your babies are very cute, I've just been sneaking your album !!
About the ears, it is very hard to know if they will stand up or not. It is individual...
And she is a heavy cute puppy. Tequila didn't follow the chart...Whe she was 12 weeks her weight was 1.3lb, charting 2.5lb adult...But since that she has been growing around 5oz per week !! And now she is charting 4.5lb.
Some dogs are just growing with the chart, some are not :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ruby's ears are still down and she is 7.5 months so it may be that they will stay down. Sometimes they are up but it does not last. She often has one up and one down. When they are down, it makes her look like a tiny golden retriever!
Just like Isabelle's! They really look alike too, very strange!! Almost the exact same age too!

Edit: Isabelle was charting to be an 8lb dog for most of her puppy life. Now at 7 months she is still just 4.6lb... some puppies don't chart!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts