Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
hiccups

I have always heard that hiccups mean they are growing. It may be an old wives tale but all my dogs at pups had them and now as adults I have never heard them hiccup once :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When Cooper was a puppy, he got hiccups all the time! I would sneak up behind him, grab him and yell "BOO!" really loud and he'd stop.

Now, when he does it, I just say "hey Cooper... boo." and no more hiccups. LOL

·
Registered
897 Posts
Absolutely. Angel used to get them all the time when she was younger. She's just over 7 months old now and has stopped getting them. I don't know if it is true for other dogs but for chis it seems to be a common puppy thing.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Re: hiccups

Yoshismom said:
I have always heard that hiccups mean they are growing. It may be an old wives tale but all my dogs at pups had them and now as adults I have never heard them hiccup once :wave:
lol yea i hurd that alot but god if thats true jemini grows like 10x's a day!!! :scratch:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Cooper said:
When Cooper was a puppy, he got hiccups all the time! I would sneak up behind him, grab him and yell "BOO!" really loud and he'd stop.
Lily would have a heart attack and keel over if I did that. :lol: She's easily startled. :)
Poor Lily, she is such a dall. And Cooper what a sport!! Hershey drops to the floor when I scare her. Anyone or thing else she barks at them.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Vanessa said:
Do dogs get hickups? Hershey is lieing on my lap hopping all over like she has hickups. Never seen this before. :shock:
Cool, I didn't notice another Hershey until now. YAY! :cheers: Anyway, My Hershey has had hiccups almost each day. I feel for him, but he looks so funny with his head jumping around like that. Hehehe... :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts