Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered two medium size himalayan dog chew online and just recived them today. I gave them to the girls about 20 minutes ago and they are going at it. They love these things! They smell like really smell / strong cheese which is kinda gross though.

Now, seeing as they're supposed to last a long time ( plus I got the medium which is for dogs 20 - 40lbs) what should I do with them when they're not chewing them? Should they be refrigerated? Ziplocked? Are they fine left out?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
They are fine left out. I have too many that will EAT them (bite them off in chunks) so they don't get them but I wish I could just leave them out! Maybe pick them up after 1/2 hour chew sessions.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Your babies are soo cute!! I just got some Himilayan chews also. Haven't given them to them yet, though. I have a feeling that Angel will chew on it til its gone!! So will my golden!! They are too expensive to go away in one session!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I let them have it for about 40 minites and they barely made a dent in it. I decided to put them in the fridge in a ziplock. They weren't very happy when I took them though lol.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
You can just leave them out-they don't dry up or anything. Mine will chew on them for 20-30 mins and not even make a dent.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I bought one for Roxy a while ago and she has just now found interest in it. But, SHE LOVES IT! She barely has made a dent either though, even after chewing for days! :) I just leave it out for her to have whenever she wants it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts