Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I grew up with a beautiful red long hair chi named Sarah. She lived to be almost 16 and I remember her eyes always being slightly runny.

My grandmother said Sarah's eyes watered because chi's are the only dogs who feel things so strongly that they cry real tears.

Frasier (latest pic attached) :D is only 4 months and he has slightly watery eyes too. So... I'm thinking.. maybe Grandma was right. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I love this site. We are not in the UK, we are in southern California, but moving home to Texas in a few months.
Frasier came to be because I recently lost my dog of 16 years. I loved her so much it was as if my heart was beating outside my body. Then, my heart died. I let myself get into a deep depression.. then along came Frasier.
Frasier does not allow me to sit around and cry or be sad. He's a full time job and a huge joy.
Anyways, it's been a rough month and it's nice to hear the nice things everyone has to say and to talk to people who love dogs as much as I do. :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
:wave: WELCOME! Your "Frasier" is a cutie! I know your heart is broke over losing your precious chi-baby of 16years :( I'm sure this little guy will help fill your heart :D I agree Chi's do cry real tears. Only one time my "Bruiser" eye got really watery, so I put a few drops of "artificial tears" in them, they cleared right up. My Vet said sometime the dry heat in the house will dry out their eyes---cause there so large. :D

Sandra

1 - 15 of 15 Posts