Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new, my name is Ame and I have 3 lovely short haired boys. Leo is tan 12 year old and acts like the grumpy grandpa to Ollie, a 2 year old blue, and baby Bishop, 4 month old glossy black( the teething lad with floppy ears!). We live in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico. One would think that there would be chihuahuas popping out around every corner here, but no! The miniature white poodle seems to be the national dog of Mexico! Leo and Ollie came with me from the states, but Bishop was rescued here in San Miguel from poor living conditions in a local brothel!! (it's quite a story!) Anyway- I just wanted to say "Hola, como estan!"...I will try posting pictures soon!

Gracias!!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Hi and Welcome :hello2:

So happy you found us!

I'm sure we would all love to hear the story about little Bishop when you have time.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hi, Nice to meet you. When ever you have time feel free to share w/ us how you rescued Bishop. We all love a good recue story here :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, Kemo's Mama
I grew up in Sewickley, Pennsylvania...thats 12 miles west of Pittsburgh!

Here's Bishop's story: I heard a rumor that there was a woman who had chi pups for sale in San Miguel. Quite a rare thing! People who have chihuahua's here act as if they are from a hidden diamond mine that no one should know about!! Now, I had wanted a new baby for quite some time and asked my fiance if he felt OK if I miraculously stumbled across a little one who needed a home...and of course, him being a chihuahua man, said it would be wonderful if a new baby came our way. So- I went out hunting for this lady. I asked all my friends, shop owners, vets, and even strangers on the street. I got a lead one day from a friend, which was to hang out infront of a church in a certain neighborhood near town. So I did...and before I could even park the car and loiter for a while- I saw a woman I had recognized from months ago, who walked a black chi in our town's center gazebo. I ran up to her and asked if she had a chihuahua and she said "Si! and I need homes for 2 of the pups, come on in!" BINGO!!! I walked into her house and found myself in the company of many women sitting around in underwear your grandmother would have favored, heavily made up, and having a little smoke and afternoon cocktails! Oh My...it didn't take me long to see that this was a "house of ill repute"...COOL! and it was next to the church too! HA! The pups were kept under a leaky dirty sink in the courtyard, and they were barricaded in by cardboard and chicken wire. It was pretty creepy. One of the "ladies" handed me Bishop, and the first thing he did was snuggle up to my neck and give me kisses while his tail wagged. He was FILTHY and STINKY! But I knew he was my new boy. I opened up my wallet and offered the senora the cash I had- so I left on good terms with the ladies. As I showed off my new furbaby to my friend who tipped me off to the brothel, she commented on how these pups never survive because the senora never has any money to get them vet care. I hope the other baby is OK, someone I don't know well took him. I'm glad to say that Bishop saw the vet the day I got him and now he is healthy and shiny and smelling delicious! Now if I can just get his magnificent ears back up in the air where they should be :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
bishop

Wow! That story sounds like a movie in the making! :shock:
Poor little chi chi! Well, welcome Ame and all three of your babies.
I have a little girl Chi named Molly. We live in Canada and since this is the first winter I will have had her, I'm worried about keeping the little girl warm!
I'm having a hard time finding clothes that fit her since she only 3lbs.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey, do you know that we have someone else here from your town on this message board? Yep, sure do, cuz I have asked them a couple of questions about Mexico and they never answer me :? Anyway, no big deal, we just love visiting Mexico and we were in San Maguel for Christmas last year, but I didn't know if the San Maguel in Cozumel is the same as where you are from?? If so, we just love it there and what wonderful people live there!!! We can't wait to see pics of your chi's!! Hurry post some!!! :) Anyway, WELCOME!!!!
Lisa

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Hello and Welcome You did come by Bishop in a different way. He is lucky to have you. We lived in Mexico City ( ugh ) for a little over 2 years. We went to San Miguel Allende several time and it is beautiful. Lots of places in Mexico are. Glad to have you here. :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sillymom said:
Hey, do you know that we have someone else here from your town on this message board? Yep, sure do, cuz I have asked them a couple of questions about Mexico and they never answer me :?

Yeah! I think that person is a friend of mine who was looking for a chi and I found one for him (I'm known as the "chihuahua girl" in town)! He's the one who told me about this site! Well, if you have any questions about San Miguel De Allende ( 31/2 hours north of Mexico City) I'd be glad to answer them for you!
I will try to post pics. tonight if i have time!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you....I feel like I've found chihuahua folks who are just like me :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Re: Thanks!

Ame said:
Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you....I feel like I've found chihuahua folks who are just like me :wave:
Yep! You'll never find another place with people who love their babies just as much as you do. Another thing, we don't think you're crazy when you talk about your chihuahua. Lots of people think I'm crazy because I love my little guys as much as I do. :lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
:hello1: Welcome! We love having people join us! What a great story! And to name him Bishop - after getting him from a "house" with the Church right next door! How cool!

Can't wait to see pictures of your whole family!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if you go to the general chi chat forum and find the Topic "You named your chi WHAT?"...you will find my post as to how Bishy-mon got his name ( and his most popular nick name)...it has to do with many proximities to the church!!! :shock:
Ame

1 - 20 of 20 Posts