Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're getting into Holiday Mood around here with Thanksgiving almost here and Christmas right on its heels. My favorite time of year! Cosmo and Lavender are getting ready to send greetings, too!

I took a shot at a siggy. Not sure if it worked or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This will be my first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my husband so Im not into the holiday spirit, maybe once the christmas tree goes up Ill be feeling it a bit more. I usually am setting up the tree while Thanksgiving dinner is cooking its always been my favorite time of year.

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I LOVE this time of year!!! Love everything about it EXCEPT the big snowfalls.... and I even love them if I don't have to drive in the snow........ or shovel it.........

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will be my first Thanksgiving and Christmas without my husband so Im not into the holiday spirit, maybe once the christmas tree goes up Ill be feeling it a bit more. I usually am setting up the tree while Thanksgiving dinner is cooking its always been my favorite time of year.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. I know it will be hard, but I hope your family gathers around and gives you support and you can enjoy being with them and share some happy memories. This will be my first Christmas without my Bichon girl, Lacy. She loved everything, inspected everything, loved opening presents. She wasn't a human, but she was a very big presence in my life and it will be hard without her. I will hold Cosmo and Lavender close and celebrate being with them and my family and we will have a thankful Thanksgiving and a merry Christmas.

Jeanette

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
This is my fave time of the year too! I love everything about the Holiday season, and the cooler weather! The Wee's are excited too, cause they get to go bye bye almost every day. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
My favorite time, too! I'm already in the spirit, but trying to hold back so I don't wear it out before the holidays really begin! Lol. Can't wait to put up my tree. I actually have to work on Christmas day this year, so I am bound and determined to get all the joy I can out of the other days!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I love Christmas time...Ive already been getting in the spirit today Ive been watching Hallmark channels countdown to christmas all morning long..havent gotten a thing done around the house lol

I have also finished making chi necklaces for 2 of my ss & have boxed everything up just need to get some tape & seal it all up & mail them out...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
This season is a little different for me this year. My daughter (also my youngest of 5 children) is getting married on January 15th, so my Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations are somewhat overshadowed this year with wedding preparations! It's very exhausting and stressful, while at the same time being exciting and exhilarating!

Probably the first time in my adult life that Thanksgiving and Christmas are NOT center stage! This year, they're things that I need to progress through in order to get to the wedding lol!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I love Christmas time...Ive already been getting in the spirit today Ive been watching Hallmark channels countdown to christmas all morning long..havent gotten a thing done around the house lol

I have also finished making chi necklaces for 2 of my ss & have boxed everything up just need to get some tape & seal it all up & mail them out...
Me too Brandi! That darn Hallmark channel has had me glued to the tv. I even have christmas movies saved on my DVR from last year that I'm watching. I've gotten absolutely nothing done this weekend!

I love this time of the year. The only thing that could make it better is snow! I'm wishing for some! ;)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I am not really into xmas much these days, but i do enjoy the movies.
I will check out the hallmark chanel aswell.
I have been watching Movies 24. lol
My fav xmas movie is Scrooge with Albert Finney, it's the musical version.
That's the best scrooge in my book.
I also like Scrooged with Bill Murray.
Oh and cant forget The Snowman. x

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I love classics like "Its a wonderful life" with Jimmy Stewart
or the funny "Christmas Story" with Peter Billingsley.
Cant forget Macys Parade too!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I have never celebrated Thanksgiving as i live in the UK, but this year I am celebrating it with my friends in Portsmouth Rhode Island. We are flying out on Thursday and can't wait. But i will miss my fur babies.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I love christmas!! although I am dreading putting up our tree this year... We have an exotic kitten and he loves to get into everything! I can see the tree is going to be terrorised by him!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I just got my tree up yesterday and a few bulbs on it, a work in progress. Got a little bit of shopping done today actually.

This is my third Christmas on my own, and my first without my Gran so it'll be different for sure. It's Godrics first Christmas so that's something to look forward to.

I love the holiday spirit :]

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I love the holiday season when it comes to SS Chi Shopping, Snow Storms, parties, dinners and holiday decorating inside and out. MY husband I spent the last few weekends working on our out door lighting and I must say it came out great. I will not officially light it until thanksgiving. However, (about 2hrs after we got done) yesterday evening we had a lady come to our door with her 2 little kids (who were fascinated with all the decor) asking if we would light everything for her kids to see. We did of course and they all loved it. 20 mins later a little girl and one of her friends came to our door and asked us to light it again. LOL! In addition we had people driving by and walking by saying how nice everything looked before it was even lit. It felt really nice knowing people liked it and it was making people smile. *It is not even a big house nor do we put a ton of stuff up but non the less people have been asking us if we were going to decorate :):)I will post pics soon if you want to see the results.

On a side note this will be our 1st xmas in 16 yrs without our kitty Mickey who we lost earlier this year (we still miss him) but it will be Hannah's 1st "real" xmas and her 1st xmas with us plus with her surviving her cancer surgery this year it will be extra special.

PS: This will be my 24th year dealing with XMAS retail...that part I am already dreading. With the economy the way it is customers are already touchy and we have seen a big rise in theft and it is not even the peak of the season yet :(

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I love Christmas as well, but love it more through the eyes of my kiddo's. They get soo excited. Peyton informs me EVERYDAY how many days left until Xmas lol!!! We willget our tree up before Thanksgiving. I'm cooking dinner this year, plus hubbies bday falls on thanksgiving this year. I've done quite a bit of shopping for the kids already, and have wrapped some up so I REALLY need that tree up so I can have a place for them. It seems it sneaks up sooo fast I really want to get a jump on it this year. My brother passed away on Nov. 30th last year, so really wasn't in the holiday spirit then.

Lori

1 - 20 of 24 Posts