Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I need you all opinions. With the holidays coming up Neena will be with us at holiday dinners and we will be around some family that are not to dog friendly what do you all think we should get for Neena like when we are eating dinner,something to put her up in? Like a small play pen or something where she won't be running around. Any ideas?

Thanks Shon

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can also have her wear her harness and tie the leash to your chair so you can keep an eye on her, she is close to you so hopefully won't whine. I used to do this with my dogs, I put their blanket down as well for them to lay on.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
If you are planning on having a lot of guests, a lot of noise, etc, then I think
it's not a bad idea to simply put your pup in a room with a cozy bed and some
water, maybe a kong to keep her busy. Or if you wish for her to be part of the
action then your playpen idea sounds good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can also have her wear her harness and tie the leash to your chair so you can keep an eye on her, she is close to you so hopefully won't whine. I used to do this with my dogs, I put their blanket down as well for them to lay on.
Good idea going to try that at home and see what she does :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are planning on having a lot of guests, a lot of noise, etc, then I think
it's not a bad idea to simply put your pup in a room with a cozy bed and some
water, maybe a kong to keep her busy. Or if you wish for her to be part of the
action then your playpen idea sounds good.
Thanks!! So I am think a travel play pen?? Yes there will be alot of people and kids,noise,etc.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I agree that a separate room is a good idea. I know that when we have Christmas dinner, there are kids around and even with Odie in a pen I wouldn't be able to watch her every minute and make sure she's not being fed something, etc. I just put her in an upstairs bedroom with a tv or radio on, and she usually just curls up and goes to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree that a separate room is a good idea. I know that when we have Christmas dinner, there are kids around and even with Odie in a pen I wouldn't be able to watch her every minute and make sure she's not being fed something, etc. I just put her in an upstairs bedroom with a tv or radio on, and she usually just curls up and goes to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
thanks that I can do but I know she will whine to being left alone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts