Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calista is now home from her spay and mouth operation.
She is deeply unimpressed, but doing well... sleeping off the anaesthetic at the moment. :)
We gave the vet the chihuahua black and white picture as a thank you gift. :)
Anyway... here is HRH Calista with her Elizabethan collar on. lol.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so glad she is home with you and that all went well! She'll be back to her happy self in no time, I'm sure! :) xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Aw bless her little heart!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... I just gave her some food.
I made her my special recovery mix... (I always liked it before I became a veggie)

Cup of White Rice
One Breast of Chicken
One egg

Cooked the finely chopped chicken in a tiny bit of veg oil, then added it to the boiling rice. Drained it all, back into the pan, then added the egg and kept heating till the egg was coating all the rice and was cooked (makes it pretty sticky). She seemed to really enjoy it.

She is a very fussy eater so I was really thrilled to see her eat this even if it was from my hand. lol. Especially as her mouth is probably really sore from the operation.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ah she's so fashion forward with her neon bandaid ;p

Glad she's out and everything went well

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Does she really need the e-collar? Only Reggie needed one when his incision was infected. Is she licking and licking the incision? Mine would lick around it to get the betadine off their skin because it's irritating, but for the most part left the incision itself alone. With Marmalde, I just put a onsie (for a baby) on her for a couple a days and she was fine. The e-collar is so uncomfortable, especially for the littler ones.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does she really need the e-collar? Only Reggie needed one when his incision was infected. Is she licking and licking the incision? Mine would lick around it to get the betadine off their skin because it's irritating, but for the most part left the incision itself alone. With Marmalde, I just put a onsie (for a baby) on her for a couple a days and she was fine. The e-collar is so uncomfortable, especially for the littler ones.
I totally agree, but because she had the cleft pallette op as well, they are worried she may bother at the stitches in her mouth. :(
I have taken it off for now to give her a break.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Poor baby, hope shes feeling better soon. Her special dinner sounded yummy! Might make that for Pix! Lots of love and healing vibes to Calista xx

1 - 20 of 21 Posts