Chihuahua People Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
What can I do for my 8 month old baby sace for her hives? She broke out this morning, I called the vet who told me to give her benadryl. ..she seemed to get better but now it's 12hr later and she still looks terrible. ... I'm very poor. .. I'm really scared because I haven't been able to get Her her parvo vaccine due to income and I'll honestly die if anything happens to her. This isn't a sign of parvo Is it? I can't figure out what made her break out. ..she had an asthma attack right before, peed, smelled her pee abd broke out. ..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Im sorry I don't mean to judge you in any way. I myself have had problems meeting vet bills but in my area (which is a big city Miami FL) the puppy vaccines are $22 per set. Or you can go to a feed store and purchase them your self and administer them which I don't recommend but it's better than nothing. I think it's irresponsible for someone to have a puppy without it being properly taken care of, can't afford one than re home but this is no excuse. Lots of government places to help you, your puppies life is at risk. And trust me you think the vaccines are out of your price range you have no clue how out of your price range an emergency or parvo will be!!!! Please vaccinate that dog!!!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I buy "First" magazines at the grocery store because of there great tips on household items that can fix about anything. Here is what it had in it last month....

Remove pet pee from the carpet. In a mixing bowl, combine one 16 oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide, 2 tbs. of baking soda and 1 tsp of liquid dish soap. Saturate the spot with the solution and rub with sponge. The oxidizing mixture breaks up uric acid crystals and neutralizes the smell :)
This one is awesome! When we moved into this house there was old cat urine smell in spots where the previous tenats' cats had marked but the owners hadn't cleaned or replaced the carpeting. I tried a lot of special cleaners like Nature's Miracle and carpet specific cleaners, but nothing worked. This took the smell completely out with one treatment.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm so worried tonight out of the blue for the first time my Spirit started what sounds like that reverse sneezing. I rubbed his neck and it stopped for awhile but keeps starting back up. It now has been over an hour off and on. What is it that causes it? Is it dangerous ? Could it be something else? No vet is open on this island until morning. Please help. He's been fine all day ,eating drinking and playing. There is nothing on the floor and I haven't ever taken him outside except in my arms.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm so worried tonight out of the blue for the first time my Spirit started what sounds like that reverse sneezing. I rubbed his neck and it stopped for awhile but keeps starting back up. It now has been over an hour off and on. What is it that causes it? Is it dangerous ? Could it be something else? No vet is open on this island until morning. Please help. He's been fine all day ,eating drinking and playing. There is nothing on the floor and I haven't ever taken him outside except in my arms.
I think you needed to start a thread on this. Has he been reverse sneezing for an hour? Dust & pollen can cause reverse sneezing. So can excitement. Try to keep him calm. Talk to him gently and see if that helps. Sometimes just drinking water will bring it on. It's a common thing with chis. It's hard to tell without seeing what he's doing if it might be something else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh bless you for answering so quickly. I calmed him down and now he's
sleeping. I washed the kitchen floor with a new oxy product and I'm thinking
That's what brought It on. Back to water and white vinegar. To bad it smells
Like vinegar for days. I'm still a nervous wreck .i just hope he sleeps through
The night. Thank you so much

·
Registered
734 Posts
I keep my chi in crate at night and she only uses the pee pads at night , sometimes Walgreens will have them on sale for half off for good size bag , still have half mine and use daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 67 of 67 Posts