Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Hmmm not so sure! By the sounds it'll be more expensive than ZiwiPeak! LOL If I had one pup to feed I would no doubt. If I stick with the HK...I may in the future but I'm not sure right now.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I hate fish and fishy smells so we probably won't try it. Plus its gonna be expensive to feed 4 dogs I think, so we are gonna stick with the Keen / Thrive / Embark we've been using! :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate fish and fishy smells so we probably won't try it. Plus its gonna be expensive to feed 4 dogs I think, so we are gonna stick with the Keen / Thrive / Embark we've been using! :)
I'm going to get a 4 pound box. I'll probably only give it to Daisy because she is obsessed with fish. LOVES IT! I guess I'll be the only reviewer, :D

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Once I get the results of Midgies allergy tests back, I'm definitely going to order THK with the meat & will probably try this one with fish, but for now I'm sticking with the Preference til I know exactly what she's allergic to.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I'm not going to try it for my dogs for two reasons. First is that Zeal is going to be crazy expensive and second is that none of my dogs do particularly well on fish based products for some reason. I do have a package of the Wishes HK fish treats but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Curious.... Why is Zeal more expensive than their other formulas?
:)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I may give it a try, both of mine love fish. I wish it came in a smaller size than a 10 pound box though.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may give it a try, both of mine love fish. I wish it came in a smaller size than a 10 pound box though.
I think they just picked the most common size sold and put it in the article.

All of their current foods are sold in trial sized, 4 pound boxes, and 10 pound boxes. I don't see why Zeal would be any different. At least, I hope it's not because a 10# box is outrageous and would last us AGES.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's the sizes and prices from their website:

Zeal 4 lbs, $52 Makes 17 lbs of fresh food
Mini 1 oz Sample, $1 Perfect for a taste test
10 lbs, $108.00 Makes 43 lbs of fresh food
4, 10 lb boxes, $422.00 (Save $10!)

According to their facebook post, it will be available for sale tomorrow. I can't wait :D Daisy LOVES her some fish!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Here's the sizes and prices from their website:

Zeal 4 lbs, $52 Makes 17 lbs of fresh food
Mini 1 oz Sample, $1 Perfect for a taste test
10 lbs, $108.00 Makes 43 lbs of fresh food
4, 10 lb boxes, $422.00 (Save $10!)

According to their facebook post, it will be available for sale tomorrow. I can't wait :D Daisy LOVES her some fish!
Ah ok so it does come in a 4 lb size, nice! Did you pick it up? I'm curious what you think and how Daisy liked it? I haven't checked my local shop for it yet, but I'll be checking within the next week or so. :)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ah ok so it does come in a 4 lb size, nice! Did you pick it up? I'm curious what you think and how Daisy liked it? I haven't checked my local shop for it yet, but I'll be checking within the next week or so. :)
I ordered it. I guess it's on pre-order now and it's not actually available until the 29th.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Let me know what you think when you get it. Or what Daisy thinks, to be more exact. haha.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well today was the dig day!

I made the Zeal for all 4 girls. I even let Roxy try it since it's new.

As soon as I opened the box, all four girls were pawing at my legs. As I measured out each bowl, their paws became more demanding. During the rehydrating period, they started whining (which we had previously cured) and Daisy was stomping her feet at me due to excitement.

When I served them the food, they immediately woofed it all down and licked their bowls clean. I'd call it a success for my girls.

Note to people- this formula has a considerable "fishy" odor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts