Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Glad they all liked it so much! That's great. :) I called my local shop and they don't have it in it yet, but I'm definitely going to try it out when they get it. They carry all the other THK formula's and he said he'd mention it to the buyer so hopefully soon. I'd buy it online but really don't want to pay the 10.00 shipping.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Just ordered a box of Zeal and the Wishes treats online. :hello1: My local shop said they could order it for me, but I never got a call back so I figured I'd just order it online this first time, hate those shipping charges though. I had a coupon though so that helps. I was going to order a box of the Keen too, but they actually charge more for it on the honest kitchen site than my local shop does, 24.00 at my shop, compared to 27.00 online, go figure. Anyway, they both love fish so hopefully they will like it! :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Just ordered a box of Zeal and the Wishes treats online. :hello1: My local shop said they could order it for me, but I never got a call back so I figured I'd just order it online this first time, hate those shipping charges though. I had a coupon though so that helps. I was going to order a box of the Keen too, but they actually charge more for it on the honest kitchen site than my local shop does, 24.00 at my shop, compared to 27.00 online, go figure. Anyway, they both love fish so hopefully they will like it! :)
goodluck pip and roo! :hello1:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Well I finally took the plunge and decided to give Zeal a try. My pack ate their first batch of Zeal last night in a cold turkey switch. All of them LOVED it, but my husky especially I have never seen him eat anything so enthusiastically...ever! I had some reservations about feeding Zeal since my husky has never done well on anything fish based in the past. Well, two chi girls did wonderful on Zeal (their BMs today were nice and firm as usual). However my sibe did not fare as well, his BM was very soft and had little formation. So while my husky loved Zeal, I'm afraid his tummy doesn't like it so much. But my chi girls loved it and did excellent!

Based on a lot of the fishy smell comments I was nervous about opening the bag and rehydrating it but I didn't find it at all bothersome. The fishy smell was hardly noticeable unless I stuck my nose in their bowls so I have no complaints as far as smell. Truthfully, I find the smell of Preference to be much more offensive than Zeal hands down. Zeal I can handle, Preference makes me want to gag.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Yay so glad they like it, Val! That's wonderful. :) A shame about Dakota's soft BM though. Hmm. Both Pip and Roo have been fine on it, BM wise, and they really love it. I still feed Embark and Force too. The fish smelled bothered me at first, but I'm used to it now and don't mind it really.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Well, at the price of Zeal I'm not too bothered that Dakota didn't do well on it. lol I knew he didn't do well on anything fish based so it was a shot in the dark. He's back on Force and his BM's are back to normal. :) At least I know the chi girls do well on it and I'm glad I got to try it...now I can still say we've tried all THK formulas. :p

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Well, at the price of Zeal I'm not too bothered that Dakota didn't do well on it. lol I knew he didn't do well on anything fish based so it was a shot in the dark. He's back on Force and his BM's are back to normal. :) At least I know the chi girls do well on it and I'm glad I got to try it...now I can still say we've tried all THK formulas. :p
Ha. ;) Glad he's back to normal!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts