Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, if u don know i am on my search for a little girl chi that is black and tan, or merle.
i have since come accross this pic, am i allowed to post it??? the pic has been put on a site by the breeder selling the puppies, i'm sure if i cant it will be removed.
i just want honest opinions before i contact the breeder. lets just say, i dont like the fact that it's sat in a cup!
http://static.preloved.co.uk/uploads/userphotos/10/0305/1842069-928m.jpg
pleas elet me know honest opinions, remember, she wont be for show, just for pet. xxxxx thanx xxxxx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shes' cute get her
thanx!!! i haven't even contacted the breeder yet, don't know her age or even is she is still available! i just wanted honest opinions of her, i dont want to rush into this, as i know a lot of people who have been scammed or ended up with cross breeds. it's sooooooo hard! x

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's adorable - I would contact the breeder :)
many thanx! i have just emailed the breeder as in the uk ( for those in america) its only just gone 7:30am. i have asked the age, sex (to make sure it wasnt a typo error that it's a girl!) and if she is still available, i will take it from there, hope i get a reply! xx

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shes cute but i would ask for more pics since u can only see half of her :) goodluck!
good idea!! i am still waiting for the breeder to get back in touch, i dont want to get my hopes up too much (i am like that!) arghhhhhh! i hate waiting! xx

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
When I went to see Jake he could fit in my hand and could have easily fitted in a cup.
He is now a big lad for a Chi and weighs 3.45kg (7.6lb). So just because they look small at first don't mean they will stay small.

Not trying to put you off but if your looking for a small Chi or at standard weight at the most then I'd be asking the breeders what the parents weighed.

I noticed that this pup has big paws just like Jake. As you say your just looking for a pet and your happy with what the breeders says the go for her, she is gorgeous.

Bear in mind ask for a vet health certificate, I have just found out today that Jake has to have operations for both knees for Luxation Patella.

Just another thing to consider and no disregard to the breeder but IMO a good breeder with good dogs does not need to advertise on websites such as preloved nor show the puppy in a cup.

I bought Jake from an internet advert and I don't regret for one moment buying him. So if this little girl is what you want, go for it.. :p

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Just at glance she is a doll! She does look big if she is as young as she looks but you will know more when you get answers to your questions & some more pics! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I hate it when breeders advertise dogs in cups,you can't see the dog properly and have no idea of it's size.Be careful !

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
She's cute.. MAke sure you see both parents if possible, if not definately see the mum and ask about the grandparents. Ask about vaccinations too as Daisy didn't have any vaccinations when i got her!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Why is it a bad thing to show a dog in a cup? To me it's just to give an idea on the size of the pup???? Of course it should be accompanied by other photos of the pup as well but just because it's pictured in a cup - doesn't mean the people are advertising "Teacup Chihuahua's". (not saying they are or are not but just sayin' LOL)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She's cute!! Her muzzle looks a little "snipy" (narrow) so be sure and look closely at her bite. She looks like she may be overshot. Nothing drastically wrong with that, but in a perfect world she'd have a scizzor bite or at least a level bite. A little bit undershot or overshot is not a problem though with eating, etc. As she gets older though, if she is overshot, her tongue may not stay in her mouth. Just a heads up in case it matters.

I'd ask for pictures of the mom and dad! They will give you a much better idea of how she may turn out as ALL puppies are cute!

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
that's no teacup in the photo. look at the size of the cup compared to the woman's hand...
cute pup, but as others have said, you need to see the entire dog. best way to determine
what size you will have as an adult is to use the Chihuahua Weight Chart. a lot more accurate
than the coffee mug :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts