Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what's going on. Honey is almost 4lbs. She was fine tonight until 9pm. She went out to potty and came in and started getting fidgety then finally when she was laying down her eyebrows were twitching, then eventually her legs and neck and face was twitching...so she's been at the vet's all night. Her blood work is normal, her heart is normal and so they are thinking she stepped on or licked a toxin. She's never had seizures and this wasn't one b/c she was twitchy and couldn't stand up all night.
I can't sleep so I'll be up all night til I can get her at 7am and pay them and haul her off to my vet's
Have any of you been through this?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
It sounds like a seizure that could have been caused by something I have no experience and I really hope she is ok

·
Registered
56 Posts
It sort of sounds like a seizure to me. When Cookie starts to have one, she tries to walk over to lay in her bed, but once she has one, she goes blind. Also, her seizures are pretty scary and long, and she loses control of her body, unless you pet her which calms her down a little. Seizures are known to be all different sizes, but I hope that this isn't what it is, becuase I hate when other people have to go through it. Cookie, Peanut and I will pray that Honey will be alright.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honey is ok now

There was no way for the vet to know what it was but she treated her with a muscle relaxer as if she had ingested a toxin. So almost immediately Honey was back to her normal self but I guess she was barking all night at the vet's from what they said and she isn't like that. She probably thought I was still there. I had to go home, tell my husband, get more money, go back and get her but they said she is really ok now and won't need to see her vet. I am going to take her with me and see if our regular vet thinks it was a seizure. Just ask questions b/c I have a foster boston terrier going in this week for a looksee. Thanks for the prayers, her head was warbling and her paws didn't function and she couldn't stand up, she had tremors....I prayed the whole way there...no sleep but thank God I only work 4hrs a day...thanks again...
Cindy and Honey

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry. Prayers on the way.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I'm so sorry about Honey, and sending positive thoughts to her. Bella and I send hugs to Honey for a speedy recovery. Please give us an update after your regular vet sees Honey.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Just caught up on this thread so apologies for not wishing Honey well, but its great to hear she has recovered and the vet knew what to do for her, you must be so relieved.

Welcome to the forum by the way

Deme x

1 - 20 of 24 Posts