Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Honey for about 14 months now and she is 6 years old.
Tonight we set up a puppy pen for her, she will be crated at night time
and when we go out from now on, And let me say she looks like the saddest
Chihuahua in the world right now! She is not happy at all. When I 1st put her in there she just sat very still for a few mins like Mummy why am I in the naughty spot!
Poor girl then she went and hopped in her bed, I'm setting on the lounge and she just keeps looking at me, like what have I done wrong?
Has anyone introduced a crate later rather then sooner? and If so how did it go?
I feel so slack locking her up but I really have no choice, Its for her safety and also to help house train her. I hope she adjusts soon and dosent see it as punishment for very long :(

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That is so sad. I know I'm not help.... here! I think soon enough she will get use to it. I would just talk with her and let her know she's a good girl and such....I know it must be hard starting out late in life but at least it will help with her potty training! Good luck give her a little hug for me.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah where I live its 9:30pm, but I am staying up a little later tonight to make sure she is settling. She isnt crying or anything, But I know she isnt happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts