Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honey had her xray, ultrasound and endoscopy today and has been diagnosed with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. They said she could have a food intolerance too so we have to see how she is :)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My cat has had that for 7 years since she was 12 weeks old,she's on royal canin sensitivity they do it for dogs as well,the only other foods are chicken and fish nothing else,also have you tried yoghurt with friendly bacteria in it ? I hope she will be ok.

·
Registered
384 Posts
awww, poor honey... get well soon sweetheart!!!!

To honey:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks well she is on applaws wet and dry at the moment which she seems okay on most of the time but I do actually wonder whether there might be something in a biscuit or treat at lunchtime though? She often has a pet bakery biscuit and she loves bully sticks she sulks because I was told not to let her have one for now!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My Lulubelle has it too...It took awhile to find out what foods were complicating the problem with allergy tests done, but now we have her on a food that works very well, treats that don't cause problems and the knowledge that there will be every so often not a good tummy day:) But she is 98% better and has lots of energy too.
The food she is on is a food that most people here would probably frown on, but it is the only one that works. We tryed EVERY 5 star food out there, raw, freeze dried, natural, etc.....plus home cooked foods. She was sick on every one of them. Bloody stools and so on. She is now on Prescription ZD food from the vets. Along with that I give her Nupro supplement powder and Yucca intensive liquid drops. She also takes 1/4 pill a day of Temeril-P...which helps her with her itchy skin problems too.
It is rare now that she has a flare-up with her bowels and she feels so much better:)
I hope Honey gets to feeling better soon and let me know how she does....
PS..the treats I give her are Wellness Pure Rewards turkey..grain free and Natural Balance L.I.T. grain free sweet potato and chicken

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, hopefully Honey's will stay mild so she shouldn't need medicine but she has trouble with different foods. Did you find any particular foods upset her stomach?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Thanks, hopefully Honey's will stay mild so she shouldn't need medicine but she has trouble with different foods. Did you find any particular foods upset her stomach?
Lots of foods...but we had the allergy test done and it confirmed she was allergic to fish, oats, rice, and potatoes and lamb upsets her stomach too...which these are some of the main ingredients in a lot of dog foods...
Bully sticks and pig ears make her sick.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Is this the same dog that was having the seizures? Or did I miss a thread on her being sick? Hope Honey is on the road to recovery. Bless you Honey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts