Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honey is 11 mo. Beautiful blonde medium haired chihuahua. She is the joy of my life.
She hasn't been feeling to good this past week. She wants to eat but then turns away. A couple of months ago the vet said she will eat eventually. They will not starve themselves.
She has alot of energy. I walk her daily and she runs and plays with my other two chihuahuas. She does eat a lot of grass, but then again so does my male. Especially when the are in a big field running and playing with each other. They will stop, eat grass and then take off running after each other.
This morning she ate some grass and vomited it up and 45 min later vomited again only orange liquid came out, not bile color but a burnt orange color. She is sitting on my lap now which she never does. She is always in the same room in her own bed but not with me.
I can be a worry wort and i'm trying not to be.
Is there somone out there that has had the same problems with there furry kids?
Thanks in advance,
Blessings

·
Registered
76 Posts
The only time my little Pablo eats grass is when his tummy does't feel well. He never touches if he feels ok. The part about the food, I totally understand, Pablo gets excited when I ask him if he wants "puppy food" but then turns his nose up and walks away, another sign his tummy doesn't feel well. Is her tummy making noises? Other than that I can't help you, I'm still new at this, but my Pablo's not feeling to good right now, I hope your puppy feels better. I'm sure someone out there will be more helpful!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Tucker loves to eat a bit of grass most every day when we are outside, and there is nothing wrong with his tummy. I do realze however that in some dogs it can mean they're not feeling well. However, if your pup's appetite is off and her behavior is too, perhaps get het checked by your vet or at least call their office and see if they have any suggestions. :)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
My deano eats grass most days but more if his stomache is upset. At the moment my deano isnt too great either but he is a VERY fussy eater. He started to get runny poos but we give him boiled rice and chicken. At first he started picking the chicken out and leaving the rice but now he loves the rice and his poos have gone normal now (sorry if you are eating) lol! I think he is almost better now - i really hope all these unwell chi's get better! Chi's are known to be very fussy eaters.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
xfayex said:
My deano eats grass most days but more if his stomache is upset. At the moment my deano isnt too great either but he is a VERY fussy eater. He started to get runny poos but we give him boiled rice and chicken. At first he started picking the chicken out and leaving the rice but now he loves the rice and his poos have gone normal now (sorry if you are eating) lol! I think he is almost better now - i really hope all these unwell chi's get better! Chi's are known to be very fussy eaters.

about chi's being fussy eater: i read somewhere (a royal canin booklet i THINK) that the smaller toy breeds don't have as good a scent as say a lab or pointer ect so the food has to be highly palatable for them to eat it since they don't rely on how good something smells to them before they put it in their mouths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts