Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honey is 8 years old. We got her in August from a lady who could no longer care for. Honey was literally being fed to death. Her peak weight was 14 pounds, but she was 12lbs when we got her.
Here are pictures of her the day she came home to me:

After a steady diet of BARF and lots of exercise, she is down to 6 pounds! This dog has lost 50% of her weight. Here is her now.

·
Registered
633 Posts
what a good job you've done with her. can i come and live at yours i could do with loosing some weight....lol :lol:

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
wow she looks awesome now! its so sad how many people overfeed small breed dogs, i see so many overweight chis and it makes me upset bc its so hard on their little legs and body to be so overweight! :wave: great job!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
She looks GREAT! I need to get Britney on a diet like that...she weighs about 6 pounds..and thats about, I'd say, 2 extra pounds that are hard on her little back legs cause they're so skinny and small.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I think I am as shocked as every one else...wow :shock: she does look like apuppy now Well done for giving her a chance of living. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lalaNlucky said:
poor thing must have been fed lots of table scraps.

i feel so sad for her when i look @ the heavier pics :(!
She was. She was being fed canned food, which was very high in fat, and made her teeth horrible. She was also given about 5-6 large biscuits a day. The owner would feed her off her own plate at dinner. And usually the owner would throw deli meat ontop of her canned food. I really had to bite my tongue when the old owner was explaining this to me. Needless to say, we did NOT stick with that diet. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts