Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I let Honey out to go to the toilet, and When I go to check on her this is how I found her, sprawled out in the rose garden bed sunning her self.
Now you might all understand why she needs weekly to fortnightly baths!!
Also this pic shows all her fat hahaha! and keep in mind she has lost weight so she was much fatter!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Awwwww I just wanna rub her belly. She looks so squishable. Love her. :)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awwwwhhhhh Honey bunny!! Hehehe she is much less fat than Laurel was tho!
she was 3.8KG at her heaviest in pounds I think that is about 8.3
she now weighs 3.3KG so in pounds she is 7.2
the vet said she would like to see her weigh 2KG which in pounds is 4.4
From start to end she needs to shead almost half her body weight!
fatty fatty! The raw diet is helping :)
How big was Laurel at his fattest?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Laurel was 21 lbs and she now is 10.5 lbs. It took about 8 months for her to lose all the weight and we were soooo strict it was NO FUN. So she lost over 1/2 her body weight. She looks like a totally different dog. Man if honey looses all that weight we may have to get her new harnesses!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Laurel was 21 lbs and she now is 10.5 lbs. It took about 8 months for her to lose all the weight and we were soooo strict it was NO FUN. So she lost over 1/2 her body weight. She looks like a totally different dog. Man if honey looses all that weight we may have to get her new harnesses!
oh wow that is a huge weight loss! Congrats to Laurel :)
Yep we will have to get her a new harness if you dont mind!!!
I am being very strict with her food and diet. And I know what
you mean by no fun :( But she will get there, its just going to take time.
What did you feed him? DO you have any tips?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
she was 3.8KG at her heaviest in pounds I think that is about 8.3
she now weighs 3.3KG so in pounds she is 7.2
the vet said she would like to see her weigh 2KG which in pounds is 4.4
From start to end she needs to shead almost half her body weight!
fatty fatty! The raw diet is helping :)
How big was Laurel at his fattest?
wasnt it 2.8kg she needs to get down to , 2kg and she would be to skinny .

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wasnt it 2.8kg she needs to get down to , 2kg and she would be to skinny .
Nope .
Fiona said she would settle for 2.8 but ideal is 2.
She said that if I cant get her to 2.8 then she will be looking
at having surgery on her 2 back legs with in 12 months. her back knee's are already clicking in and out. And she said that was from her weight. But I have noticed that Honey can now jump on the lounge by her self AND she can get in and out of my car by her self again!! So the weight loss is helping already!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually she could prob go down to 2.4kg because she has milk when you got her ?
yeah when I got her, she had just had the emergency c-section and hysterectomy. but her teats were full with milk. I still think she was to thin
when I 1st got her.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We fed her the green bean diet...1/4 cup green beans (frozen, but thawed), and 10-12 kibbles, twice a day. I think I figured out she was getting under 90 calories a day. Now I think she is maintaining around 250 calories a day, she was HUGE, and the weight needed to come off of her FAST.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Honestly I would cut whatever you are feeding her now clean in half. No matter what your head or heart says about it. The extra weight is horrible for their joints...I had to get 1/2 a pound off of Oakley after her knee was operated on and I just cut her food in half and it was gone in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
yeah when I got her, she had just had the emergency c-section and hysterectomy. but her teats were full with milk. I still think she was to thin
when I 1st got her.
i think she looked perfect when you got her except for her milk boobies :) , i look back on those pics and she looks so young .

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We fed her the green bean diet...1/4 cup green beans (frozen, but thawed), and 10-12 kibbles, twice a day. I think I figured out she was getting under 90 calories a day. Now I think she is maintaining around 250 calories a day, she was HUGE, and the weight needed to come off of her FAST.
did she like the beans? Its not something I could see honey eating lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly I would cut whatever you are feeding her now clean in half. No matter what your head or heart says about it. The extra weight is horrible for their joints...I had to get 1/2 a pound off of Oakley after her knee was operated on and I just cut her food in half and it was gone in about 3 weeks.
She is on absolute minimum food right now. It was so hard to do it but its done now. She eats about a quarter of what she used to eat.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts