Going for a car ride yesterday

Havin a snooze in her car seat

Kisses for Mummy

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What happened? I didn't know she got attacked :(
I'm sure I pm'ed you? I have been having all sorts of trouble with my account lately :(

OK! here is what happened.
My hubby got a maltese x shitsu 2 years ago, He has been nothing but a problem from the start. Very domant, and just lots of problems. Anyway about 4 weeks ago he attacked Honey. She has 4 tooth marks in her chest 2 of which were ripped open, she had massive internal bleeding. The vet though at 1st the he got her jugler vein and we thought she wasnt going to make it. She spent 2 nights in the vet. I spent 2 days and nights crying, I was guttered. We rehomed Hendrix immediately, something that should have been done a long time ago. But Hubby refused to because he thought hendrix would be ok, I had told him time and time again I didnt want him around honey I didnt trust the dog. He is in good home who understand he is to be the only dog.
After having to get the wounds drained daily at the vet, they showed me how to do it myself. Not good very gross but I did it! After 2 weeks her wounds closed but she still has a 1cm x 2cm hemotoma on her chest that I massage everyday to try to soften it. She has her checkup next week so hopefully its all gone by then.
She was in so much shock at the start she couldnt walk at all it was horrible and heartbreaking.
But as you can see from the pics she is on the mend and doing well :)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Bless both off you.I am so sorry this has happened.Glad she is doing good.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I am so glad to hear that she's doing okay! Bless her heart! I bet that was traumatizing for her. :( And you!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Oh goodness! Glad to hear she is doing better. It's so scary having them attacked, I was lucky Zoey's attack by Georgie wasn't worse.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
So sorry Honey was attacked...she looks like she is doing much better now. Love the kisses picture

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks so much everyone for your well wish's
Honey is doing so much better and is back to
her normal happy self. The really annoying thing
is it could have been avoided. I had a bad feeling
about Hendrix all along. but hubby wouldn't listen.
There was no arguing once he hurt Honey, he
was gone immediately, Honey will always come 1st.
vet said she really thought it best to rehome him
she said she didn't even want Honey coming home
if he was here. She said He new what he was doing
it was a direct attack at her throat and she said
next time Honey wouldn't be so lucky. Her exact words
were. He wasn't mucking around he wanted to kill her :(

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Poor Honey! :( I'm so glad she is doing better!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts